This Tomato Mozzarella Salad recipe comes to us from Christina Barrueta, freelance food & beverage writer and creator of the award-winning Arizona-based food blog WriteOnRubee.com who recently served this salad recipe on a romantic picnic for two. She recommends using a variety of vibrantly colored, vine ripened tomatoes, (a legendary aphrodisiac). Then she adds a great mozzarella and garden-fresh herbs to really make the flavors sing.
Pair it with a well-chilled rosé and prepare for the perfect taste of summer.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp minced herbs
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tbsp sherry or balsamic vinegar
- 3 lg tomatoes
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1 large ball of fresh mozzarella fior di latte, or burrata
- fresh herbs to garnish
- In a glass jar, combine olive oil, minced herbs, garlic, vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cap jar and shake to emulsify.
- Core and slice larger tomatoes.
- For smaller tomatoes, halve or cut into wedges and toss with a little vinaigrette.
- Slice cheese into disks and layer with the large tomato slices on a platter.
- Arrange the cherry tomatoes around the dish.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, drizzle with vinaigrette, and shower with a garnish of fresh-cut herbs.
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter