Comfort food with a unique blend of ingredients
A warming meal from a fast and easy recipe is always in fashion. But I’m featuring this dish not just because it’s fast and easy. I love this pasta because it offers a unique way to use one of our 10 Best Aphrodisiac Foods for Women. I’m talking about peanuts! This peanut pasta recipe calls for whole wheat pasta but you can easily substitute rice or buckwheat noodles if you prefer. Although it sounds decadent, the dish comes to us from PastaFits.org and features a heavy dose of protein as well as a good balance of fats and carbs.
A peanut pasta packed with aphrodisiacs
The dish not only mixes the pure comfort of peanuts and noodles but it features several of my favorite aphrodisiac ingredients. A hint of honey adds sweetness. Learn more about why I love honey. But the dish also involves the body warming effects of fresh ginger and chile flakes.
However my favorite part of this peanut pasta is the veggies. No having to worry about adding a side dish to get your serving of vegetables with this recipe! Fresh bell pepper, carrots and the aphrodisiac of cucumber add texture, flavor and freshness. And it’s that bit of complexity the veggies add that, for me, makes this so much more than an ordinary plate of pasta.
This is an easy recipe for getting a filling and flavorful vegetarian meal on the table fast. Substitute rice or buckwheat pasta if you want to avoid the wheat.
- 1/2 lb whole wheat pasta or spaghetti reserve ¼ cup of pasta cooking water
- 1 tsp kosher salt optional
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1 tsp finely minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 3/4 tsp red-pepper flakes
- 12 oz cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 medium cucumber peeled and seeded and julienned
- 1 red bell pepper halved and julienned
- 1 medium carrot peeled and julienned
- 1 tbsp and 1 teaspoon chopped peanuts unsalted (optional)
- 2 scallions chopped (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add salt.
- Add the whole wheat pasta and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and reserve ¼ cup cooking water.
- Briefly rinse pasta under warm running water. Set aside.
- In medium bowl whisk peanut butter, reserved pasta cooking water, vinegar, honey, soy sauce, sesame seed oil, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over warm pasta and toss the pasta with chicken, cucumber, red bell pepper.
- Sprinkle each serving with scallions and 1 tsp. chopped peanuts.
- Serve warm or cold.
Pin this Perfect Peanut Pasta recipe:
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter