This recipe comes to us via Chef Maite Gomez-Rejon of ArtBites and a long time friend of EatSomethingSexy. It features one of the food world’s current favorites, fancy toast. We love this toast because it offers layers of aphrodisiac ingredients, a sensual combination of textures and features one of our favorite nutrient-rich oils, avocado oil.
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Avocado Oil plus more for brushing and drizzling, (Maite recommends AVOCARE)
- 4 slices thick sourdough bread
- 3/4 lb thin asparagus cut into 2-inch lengths
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp mint finely chopped
- 1/2 c fresh ricotta
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Place the bread on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet and lightly brush with Extra Virgin Avocado Oil.
- Bake until toasted on one side – about 7 minutes – then turn over and bake a couple of minutes on the other side.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Avocado Oil. Add the asparagus, season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the lemon juice and let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, stir the lemon zest into the ricotta and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread equal amounts of the lemon ricotta on the toasted bread and top with the asparagus. Drizzle with a little Extra Virgin Avocado Oil, top with fresh mint, sprinkle with salt and serve.
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter