Angela is a chef with a practical side. For this pizza recipe, her directions are to use your favorite pizza dough recipe but you can also use your favorite prepared or frozen dough. Although a great, homemade dough always makes for an unforgettable pizza, a ready-to-go-dough makes for good food fast.
According to a study by the Smell and Taste Treatment & Research Foundation, that one-of-a-kind aroma of pizza increases blood flow. Perhaps it’s the fact that the smell of many cheeses resembles a female pheromone. Or maybe it’s the yeasty tang of freshly baked dough. Whatever it is, you’ll get your blood pumping with this easy Baby Spinach and Ricotta Pizza.
This recipe from Chef Angela Dimino shows you how you can make good food fast. A one-pan vegetarian meal, it's easy and satisfying.
- 1 lb fresh or frozen pizza dough*
- 12 oz sautéed baby spinach in olive oil with salt and pepper to taste and then cooled
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated locatelli cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp corn meal
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place dough in an olive oil coated bowl covered in plastic. Allow to rise at room temperature for 1 hr.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Take cornmeal and dust the bottom of an 8 inch round or 13” by 9” rectangle pizza pan.
- After dough has been allowed to rise, stretch out the dough to fit in the pizza pan that has been dusted with cornmeal on the bottom.
- Spread ricotta over the top of the dough evenly and then sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the ricotta.
- Take the spinach and evenly distribute it over the ricotta and then sprinkle the locatelli and mozzarella on top along with the chopped fresh oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Place pizza into the 500 degree preheated oven and cook for ten minutes and then lower oven temp to 350 degrees and cook until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. About 10 to 15 minutes depending on your oven.
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter