This recipe comes to us from The Oaks at Ojai. The Oaks is an oasis of health and wellness in Southern California. And the retreat prides itself on creating calorie-conscious but full-flavored cuisine. This Dark Chocolate Bark recipe, a perfect example of that philosophy, is also one of the sexiest homemade chocolates we’ve tried. Made from a base of premium, dark chocolate, it combines decadent richness with a medley of raw nuts and dried fruits. (Do we even need to add that both dark chocolate and nuts are legendary aphrodisiacs?) It makes for a great afternoon pick-me-up or late night treat. But it’s also a libido-booster in a sweet little package.
This easy, dark chocolate bark recipe is one that can be customized with your favorite nuts, seeds and dried fruits.
- 4 oz premium dark chocolate, (such as Callebaut or Valrhona, 60%-72% cacao recommended)
- 2 oz raw nuts and dried fruit of your choice (including walnuts cashews, almonds, pistachios, cranberries, pineapple, currants, raisins)
- optional toppings include pumpkin seeds candied ginger, tangerine zest or shredded, raw coconut
- On a sheet of parchment paper, arrange the fruit and nuts in a square, closely spaced but not overlapping.
- Finely chop the chocolate.
- In a glass bowl, melt the dark chocolate in your microwave, cooking 30 seconds at a time and thoroughly whisking between cooking periods. Continue microwaving until completely melted.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the fruit and nuts using a spatula to create an even coating, maintaining the square shape.
- Sprinkle with your topping of choice (if using one).
- Refrigerate for one half hour before cutting into 12 squares.
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter