Vegetarian wraps for any occasion
Simple and fun, this recipe for vegetarian wraps from Anurag Mehrotra just may become your go-to recipe for a variety of occasions. Serve as part of a light brunch buffet or afternoon nosh, passed hors d’oeuvres, midnight snack or pack in your lover’s lunch. Best of all, because the filling is rolled up in thinly sliced, grilled zucchini instead of bread, this is one wrap that’s virtually carb-free.
A grilled veggie wrap recipe that might boost your sex life
Although we encourage you to use this recipe for everything from brunch to a pool party, it absolutely has the potential to boost your sexual health. This recipe is simple but almost every ingredient has something to offer to your sexual health.
For starters, there’s cheese. Did you know that cheese has a history as an aphrodisiac? Now many vegetable wraps call for cream cheese. But this vegetarian wrap recipe takes things up a level with soft, tangy chevre. Then there’s tomatoes. Related to deadly belladona, tomato has a fun and fascinating history as aphrodisiac.
Now the zucchini itself doesn’t make the list of the world’s greatest aphrodisiacs. But that doesn’t mean it doesn’t bring anything to the table as far as your sexual health is concerned. You might be surprised to learn that zucchini is a source of manganese, magnesium, vitamin C, folate and potassium, all nutrients vital to maintaining sexual health. All together, it makes a vegetarian wrap look pretty good, doesn’t it?
How to cut zucchini wraps
The key to making zucchini work as a wrapper relies on good knife skills. First of all, make sure you have a properly sharpened chef’s knife.
Also, check out our recommendation for a great knife sharpener.
You’ll need to slice the zucchini to a fairly uniform thickness. This is to ensure that the slices to cook evenly. However it also has to be the “right” thickness. This is because you need the slices to be soft enough to roll but thick enough so that they don’t tear.
Once you get the hang of it, you’ll be making gorgeous grilled veggie wraps. And whatever lucky diner gets to enjoy them with you is sure to ask for seconds…maybe thirds.
Vegetarian Grilled Zucchini Wraps
- 3 zucchini sliced lengthwise into ¼ inch slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 oz Chevre /soft goat's cheese
- 1 tbsp freshly cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dill finely chopped
- Grape or cherry tomatoes for garnish optional*
- Preheat a grill pan over medium to medium-high heat.
- Discard the outermost slices of zucchini and brush trimmed slices with the oil on both sides and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place on the preheated grill pan for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until tender.
- While the zucchini is grilling, combine the goat cheese, cilantro and dill, mashing with a fork in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put a teaspoon of the cheese mixture about ½ inch from the end of a zucchini slice. Roll up and place lay it on a platter. Repeat with the rest of the zucchini slices.
- Garnish with tomatoes, (optional).
Pin this easy veggie wrap recipe:
- The Health Benefits of Bison Meat for Men - November 27, 2023
- Best Amazon Cyber Monday Deals in Food and Health for 2023 - November 27, 2023
- Vegan Roasted, Stuffed Kabocha Squash - November 17, 2023
Get on our mailing list