Simple and fun, this recipe for vegetarian wraps from Anurag Mehrotra is likely to become your go-to recipe for a variety of occasions. Serve as a light brunch or afternoon nosh, passed hors d’oeuvres, midnight snack or pack in your lover’s lunch. Best of all, because the filling is rolled up in zucchini instead of bread, this is one wrap that’s virtually carb-free.
- 3 zucchini sliced lengthwise into ¼ inch slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 oz Chevre /soft goat's cheese
- 1 tbsp freshly cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dill finely chopped
- Grape or cherry tomatoes for garnish optional*
- Preheat a grill pan over medium to medium-high heat.
- Discard the outermost slices of zucchini and brush trimmed slices with the oil on both sides and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place on the preheated grill pan for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until tender.
- While the zucchini is grilling, combine the goat cheese, cilantro and dill, mashing with a fork in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put a teaspoon of the cheese mixture about ½ inch from the end of a zucchini slice. Roll up and place lay it on a platter. Repeat with the rest of the zucchini slices.
- Garnish with tomatoes, (optional).
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter