Coconut pancakes offer a faintly tropical flavor and some surprising nutrition. In this pancake recipe, coconut flour is blended with chia seeds and three eggs to produce pancakes with a great, fluffy texture and some surprising benefits to your health. You’re going to love these pancakes for their flavor but just wait until you discover the added benefits of eating this tropical, chia seed pancake breakfast!
Coconut flour pancakes are naturally gluten-free
Because this pancake recipe calls for coconut flour instead of wheat flour, the pancakes are gluten-free. It also gives the pancakes a faintly tropical flavor that will put your average buttermilk hotcake to shame.
However, coconut flour, although it’s great for many reasons, not just flavor but also nutrition – I’ll get to that later – does change the texture of the flapjacks. These cakes, although still fluffy and definitely addictive, are thinner than the typical diner-style pancakes.
Why you should serve these hotcakes to your lover
When you’re talking about a romantic breakfast in bed, nothing beats pancakes! The smell of fluffy hotcakes wafting through the air is almost an aphrodisiac unto itself. And because pancakes are a blank canvas of breakfast foods, they’re perfect for dressing up with all your lover’s favorite garnishes. But, your average short stack doesn’t really have much to offer as far as your libido is concerned. The gesture of making pancakes tugs at the heartstrings but there’s really not much there to put a fire in your loins. Not so with this coconut pancake recipe.
Why you want to make chia seed pancakes
If you thought the addition of chia seeds was for texture, you’re right. But the more important reason these pancakes include chia is because of their potential to support a healthy libido. Chia is on the hot list of superfoods because they provide the body with fiber, iron and calcium. But not only that, chia seeds have been shown to naturally boost testosterone production.
Coconut flour and your health
Coconut flour is made from dried, ground coconut flesh. Yes, it’s 100% coconut. And that means it has all the same health benefits as eating coconut, (which makes the list of the 10 best foods for men’s health.) But coconut flour is beneficial to women, too! It is rich in fiber as well as iron. And it also offers some of the protein you’ll need for a passionate bedroom lambada. Studies also show that coconut may support a healthy heart by helping to reduce blood cholesterol levels. (And you can’t have a healthy libido without a healthy heart!)
So go ahead and offer your partner a second helping of these coconut flour pancakes. You’re doing it to improve their stamina and heart health.
Best coconut pancake toppings
Like all pancakes, these homemade flapjacks are great with a smear of butter and a drizzle of maple syrup. But don’t be afraid to get creative with your pancake toppings. Add color and texture. You can change it up every time you make this easy coconut pancake recipe.
Here are just a few of the toppings I recommend:
- Fresh berries (raspberries and blueberries are my favorites)
- Pomegranate seeds (also an aphrodisiac)
- Fresh pineapple wedges
- Dark chocolate chips (after all, dark chocolate is among the best foods for women)
- Chopped macadamia nuts or coconut flakes
- Crumbled bacon
- Passion fruit curd
- Coconut syrup (this is one of my favorite brands)
We also like folding them in half and turning them into pancake “tacos” with a filling of peanut butter and bacon.
More great pancake recipes
Coconut and Chia Seed Pancakes
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsp grape seed oil plus extra for frying the pancakes
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/3 cup 1 or 2% milk (sub almond milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- syrup and sliced fresh fruit for serving
- In a medium bowl, stir the grape seed oil and honey until combine. Whisk in the eggs in one at a time. Add the almond milk, almond extract, vanilla extract and cha seeds. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the chia to “bloom.”
- While the chia is “blooming,” combine the coconut flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a spatula. Mix until just combined.
- Heat approximately 1 tablespoon grape seed oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the batter 1 heaping tablespoon at a time. Cook for about 2-3 minutes before flipping. (This batter doesn’t bubble as dramatically as traditional pancake batter, so you will have to watch them carefully to know when to flip.) Cook for 1-2 minutes on the second side.
- Cook the pancakes in batches until all of the batter has been used, adding more oil to the pan as needed. Serve immediately with your favorite syrup and a garnish of fresh fruit.
Pin this Chia Seed and Coconut Pancakes recipe:
- Oats Benefits for Male Sexual Health (Including Oatmeal) - February 14, 2024
- Best Inexpensive Valentine Champagne (Recommendations for Any Romantic Occasion) - February 13, 2024
- Date Night Scavenger Hunt with Aphrodisiac Foods - February 9, 2024
Did you know that eating the right foods can be the key to boost your sex life?
Subscribe to the Eat Something Sexy mailing list and get our exclusive list of Six Great Sex-Boosting Snack Foods for FREE!