Want to know how to turn St. Patrick’s Day into a night of romance? Serve some North Atlantic Salmon with Irish Butter Sauce for dinner! This dish, the centerpiece of Chef Diane Brown’s romantic St. Patrick’s Day menu, aka “Romancing the Blarney Stone,” showcases one of Ireland’s most beloved products, salmon.
The seduction of Irish Butter Sauce
In this dish, North Atlantic Salmon is treated to a bath of Irish butter sauce. This sauce is a delectable emulsion of quality, Irish butter whisked into a mixture of white wine and shallots. Sauce really doesn’t get better than this!
In addition to the aphrodisiac of salmon, this dish features fennel. Fennel has been held in regard as an aphrodisiac since the times of ancient Rome. Learn more about fennel’s aphrodisiac side.
Don’t miss the rest of the menu
The recipe is part of a full menu plan for St. Patrick’s seduction. For the full experience, be sure also to try the Black Velvet cocktail recipe and the Irish Potato, Leek and Stout Stew that are meant to pair with this salmon dish.
Salmon can be the perfect centerpiece to a romantic meal. This salmon recipe features both the aphrodisiacs of salmon and fennel served in a creamy, Irish butter sauce. It's a fairly simple dish that's hard to resist.
- 2 8- ounce North Atlantic Salmon filets
- 1 tso salt
- 1/2 head fennel coarsely chopped
- 1 shallot finely minced
- 1 Tbsp white wine
- 2 Tbsp very cold butter cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper
- Squeeze of fresh lemon
- 1/4 tsp chopped parsley
- Fill a medium-sized saucepan half full with water, salt and bring to a boil.
- Put in fennel and fish, reduce to a gentle simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn off and keep fish in water while you make sauce.
- Put shallots and white wine in a small saucepan, bring to boil and cook until wine is almost cooked off and shallots are dry.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter one cube at a time, butter will start to thicken.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon.
- Serve over the poached salmon and garnish with parsley.
View the Romancing the Blarney Stone intro and discover the inspiration behind this romantic St. Patrick’s Day menu
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter