Pumpkin Bundt Cake is the aphrodisiac of the season
If you’re going to perfect one baking skill this fall, make it a from-scratch cake with this simple Pumpkin Bundt Cake recipe. I love this cake! Its the go-to kind of dessert to get you through an entire season of dinner parties and celebrations. Its orange color makes it our pick for a Halloween dessert.
An easy, made-from-scratch cake perfect for autumn
Subtly pumpkin flavored, the cake makes a fine replacement for tired, old pumpkin pie at the Thanksgiving table and its comforting blend of baking spices will bring holiday cheer at Christmastime. Best of all, this Pumpkin Bundt Cake recipe is loaded with the aphrodisiac ingredients. For starters, there’s pumpkin. (You might be surprised to learn that pumpkin has an aphrodisiac history. But it’s history as a food of love stretches back for centuries. Not only that but pumpkin is loaded with nutrients to get you in “the mood.” Learn more about the aphrodisiac side of pumpkin. It might surprise you!)
But on top of that, it’s loaded with the spice mix that’s been dubbed one of the best aphrodisiacs for men. Yes, I’m talking about pumpkin spice! Learn more about what makes pumpkin pie spice such a potent aphrodisiac.
Love the recipe? Get the cookbook
This is one of my favorite recipes from Chrysta Wilson’ cookbook Kiss My Bundt. (See our review.) This is the book that taught me how to make all of my cakes from scratch and have a moist cake every time. In addition, the book teaches how to experiment with cake flavors. In fact, inspires me to try some innovative new ingredients each time I make a cake from scratch.
An easy-made-from-scratch cake recipe from Kiss My Bundt: recipes from the award-winning bakery by Chrysta Wilson. This is a great choice for any autumn occasion from Halloween to Thanksgiving.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 1 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cups brown sugar packed
- 15-16 oz can pumpkin purée not pumpkin pie filling,
- 1 cups vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs on medium speed until frothy, 3-4 minutes.
- Turn mixer speed to low and slowly add sugars. Beat until very thick.
- At a medium speed, mix in pumpkin purée and oil, mixing until thoroughly incorporated.
- With the mixer on low, add dry ingredients to the wet 1/2 cup at a time. Do this slowly so that the batter doesn’t develop clumps.
Transfer batter to a 12-14 cup bundt pan that has been coated with a baker’s cooking spray that includes flour (or greased and floured). (Alternatively, you can use the batter to make 24 cupcakes, 2 cake rounds or one loaf cake.)
- Bake cake until an inserted toothpick or cake tester comes out clean--about 40 minutes. (Cupcakes will cook in less than half the time.)
- Invert cake onto a cooling rack or serving plate. If cake resists, cool in the pan for 15 minutes before inverting. (If cake still resists, cool an additional 15 minutes in the pan.) Cool completely before frosting, at least 1 hour.
- Serve plain or top with cream cheese frosting or a vanilla or cinnamon glaze.
Like this recipe? Get a copy of Chrysta’s bestselling cookbook, Kiss My Bundt:
Pin this Pumpkin Bundt Cake recipe:
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter