Childhood never got sweeter than a chocolate chip cookie. And one of my favorite childhood flavors was the good old Nestlé Toll House cookie bar, the classic cookie recipe spread into a pan and baked like brownies. I decided to bring that favorite back but with a distinctly adult (and aphrodisiac) twist. Here’s how I approached the challenge. First, I reduced the flour to make way for aphrodisiac oats, added the fruit of temptation in the form of applesauce, libido-boosting walnuts and, best of all, traded in those semi-sweet morsels for the sophisticated bite of dark chocolate chunks. This aphrodisiac cookie bar recipe is sure to bring back some old memories and make some new ones!
This recipe takes all the great flavor of a classic cookie bar and adds in some healthy, aphrodisiac ingredients.
- 2/3 c rolled oats
- 1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 c butter softened
- 1/2 c apple sauce
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 3/4 c packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 12 oz dark chocolate chunks
- 1 1/4 c chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Grease a 10 x 13-inch pan.
- Pulse the oats in a food processor or blender until they form a coarse flour.
- Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Cream the butter in the bowl of a mixer. Add the apple sauce, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Fold in the dark chocolate chunks and nuts. Spread into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars for serving.
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter