Childhood never got sweeter than a chocolate chip cookie. And one of my favorite childhood flavors was the good old Nestlé Toll House cookie bar, the classic cookie recipe spread into a pan and baked like brownies. I decided to bring that favorite back but as an adult cookie bar with a distinctly aphrodisiac twist. I designed it as a date night cookie but it really has a flavor anyone can appreciate, whatever the occasion.
Here’s how I approached the challenge. First of all, I wanted to make a flavor that was deeply chocolatey and not too sweet. I concentrated on both flavor and texture, giving it dimension beyond the crumbly, sweet flavor of childhood. This is a balanced cookie recipe. Lastly, I wanted to make sure my cookies were loaded with aphrodisiac ingredients to make them suitable for a romantic picnic or a sweet but sexy gift. Think homemade Valentine’s Day treat for your sweet.
Adding aphrodisiacs to make adult cookie bars
These are the steps I took to make over the classic chocolate chip cookie bar into a sexy cookie grown-ups would love:
- I reduced the flour to make way for aphrodisiac oats. But rather than turn this recipe into an oatmeal cookie bar, I used the [easyazon_link identifier=”B084WQWDKR” locale=”US” tag=”lifeofreiley-20″]blender[/easyazon_link] to turn the oats into a coarse but hearty flour. This way, the cookies got the fiber and health benefits of oats without their texture distracting from the chewy goodness of the cookie bar. (Check out why oats are among the 10 Best Foods for Men.)
- I reduced the fat by using apple sauce. Apple sauce can not only replace oil in some baking recipes, it adds moisture and sweetness. And don’t forget that apple was the original fruit of temptation.
- I mentioned that texture is an important attribute in a grown-up cookie. So that’s why I added libido-boosting walnuts.
- Lastly, and this is the best part, I traded in those semi-sweet morsels for the sophisticated bite of dark chocolate chunks. Dark chocolate offers a faint bitterness along with the sweetness to challenge the taste buds. And with the chunks, there’s a greater proportion of chocolate, making possible to get the taste of sweet, bitter, earthy, fragrant chocolate in every bite.
This aphrodisiac cookie bar recipe is sure to bring back some old memories and make some new ones. Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Adult Cookie Bars
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 12 oz dark chocolate chunks
- 1 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Grease a 10 x 13-inch pan.
- Pulse the oats in a food processor or blender until they form a coarse flour.
- Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Cream the butter in the bowl of a mixer. Add the apple sauce, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Fold in the dark chocolate chunks and nuts. Spread into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars for serving.
Pin this tasty chocolate chunk cookie bar recipe:
- The Health Benefits of Bison Meat for Men - November 27, 2023
- Best Amazon Cyber Monday Deals in Food and Health for 2023 - November 27, 2023
- Vegan Roasted, Stuffed Kabocha Squash - November 17, 2023
Get on our mailing list