As a culinary instructor and the author of an aphrodisiac cookbook, I’ve spent many years teaching cooking to singles and to couples. What is most interesting to me about the experience is not what the participants learn in our short time together but how cooking together changes people. I’ve seen strangers become lifelong friends and couples who come into the room barely speaking evolve into loving, affectionate creatures as an evening of cooking together evolves. With this as my inspiration, I’ve assembled my best couples’ cooking recipes as well as a few tips for making the evening feel special.
A menu of date night dinner recipes
Here are the recipes for one of the most successful date night dinner menus I’ve taught. These date night recipes aren’t comfort foods but sensual foods with slippery and soft textures, historically aphrodisiac ingredients and delicious flavors to drive your senses wild:
More couples cooking recipes
But keep in mind, the menu should match your personal preferences. For me, mushrooms and scallops make the ultimate romantic dinner. And I can’t imagine an aphrodisiac dinner without chocolate. However, if my date night menu doesn’t excite you, here are more romantic dinner recipes from our website great for couples cooking that might be more your style:
Homemade Scallop Pizza
Wine-Marinated Cherries with Cheddar
Lavender and Rosemary Chicken
Pomegranate Roasted Pork with Sexy Vegetables
Oven Roasted Dungeness Crab Clusters
Frozen Coconut Parfait with Fresh Blackberries
Flourless Chocolate Almond Cake
Aphrodisiac Key Lime Pie
And if you prefer to skip the cocktails, consider serving a romantic bottle of wine or Champagne. (Do you know why red wine is considered a potent aphrodisiac?) Here are some great tips on choosing a romantic wine on any budget.
Of course, alcohol doesn’t need to be a part of the plan for a romantic evening. Instead, you could plan to serve a sophisticated aphrodisiac mocktail like this elegant pomegranate-based drink.
How to set the tone for a cooking date night
Although the actual food is important, don’t stop your plan at the menu. Think about the other things about a date night that can transform time at home into an evening of passion:
- Pick the right music. (I’d go with Barry White. But you might try searching your favorite streaming service for a romantic playlist that hits all the right notes.)
- Set a romantic scene. Since you’re cooking together, there probably won’t be time to set a romantic table. But that’s ok. Maybe you can find a new eating venue to serve your meal. Perhaps you can try sitting on plump pillows beneath the coffee table. You can always make it a picnic in bed.
- Lastly, do not worry about the dishes! Let yourself ride the wave of romance wherever it takes you. There will always be time to clean up later.
Love my recipes? Get the cookbook, The Seduction Cookbook: Culinary Creations For Lovers
- Plan a Tropical Christmas Party for a Beach-y Holiday at Home - November 25, 2023
- Lavender Lemon Drop Shooter & Martini Recipe - July 3, 2023
- An Irish Date Night Menu Inspired by St. Patrick’s Day - March 3, 2023
Get on our mailing list