Besides writing our romantic recipes column, Diane Brown creates recipes for seasonal produce deliveries at Family Farm Box. This recipe for a stuffed acorn squash is filled with her favorite fall produce. And of course, as the author of an aphrodisiac cookbook, Diane’s favorite fall produce includes aphrodisiacs like apples and pomegranate.
To maximize the flavor of your seasonal, vegetable-based dishes like this stuffed acorn squash, Diane recommends organic produce fresh from the farm whenever possible. There is a remarkable difference in flavor, one that will delight even the most picky palates.
This recipe uses peak-of-season fall produce to make a vegetarian dinner with complex flavors and aphrodisiac ingredients.
- 4 acorn squash cut into quarters, seeds removed
- olive oil salt & pepper
- 2 shallots diced
- 2 large Fuji apples cores removed, diced
- 1 cups bunch spinach thoroughly washed, about 4packed
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils (kernels)
- Heat oven to 375.
- Place acorn squash on a baking sheet and season generously with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until tender to the probing of a fork.
- Remove from oven.
- While squash is roasting, heat a large skillet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook shallots, stirring occasionally, until translucent, then add apples and cook until browned and juicy.
- Add spinach to the pan and cook until wilted.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Distribute the spinach mixture on top of the squash and return to oven until the squash and spinach are heated through.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top and serve.
If you like this recipe, check out Diane’s cookbook, The Seduction Cookbook
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter