This is one of my all-time favorite spring recipes. It’s also one of the best ideas ever for using hard boiled eggs. I can’t take credit for the idea–my mother came up with it, I simply refined it a little.
If you haven’t experimented with brown butter, I think you’re going to be surprised at how easy it is to make. Brown butter is one of those magical ingredients that enhances the taste of any dish, savory or sweet. Its flavor brings a unique, nutty depth that makes everyone want to lick the plate. You will not believe what a sprinkling of eggs and a bit of brown butter does to beautiful spring asparagus. The combination is not only unforgettable, it’s an aphrodisiac!
- 2 hard cooked eggs Find our preferred method of cooking here.
- 12-16 stalks fresh asparagus depending on thickness
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter quartered
- crusty whole grain bread
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Snap the bottoms off the stalks of asparagus. Wash and pat dry.
- Lay them in a single layer on a sheet pan and dot with butter. Season with salt. Roast for 10-15 minutes, until tender.
- Peel and roughly chop the eggs.
- Make the brown butter: Melt the cubes of butter in a small saute pan over medium heat. The butter will become foamy then begin to brown. When it turns dark amber and begins to smell nutty, add the eggs.
- Turn heat to low and saute the eggs for 1-2 minutes until heated through.
- Divide the asparagus between 2 plates. (We recommend warming the plates to keep the dish hot.) Top with the eggs and drizzle with any remaining butter. Serve immediately with crusty, whole grain bread.
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter