I feel like I’ve been talking about nothing but my new book for month. (In truth, I probably have!) We’re only a few days away from the release of Eat Cake Naked: aphrodisiac desserts to heat up your love life. And I want to whet your appetite with one of my favorite recipes from the book, Love Slave Balsamic Cherry Chocolate Chunk Brownies. And it’s the BEST gluten-free chocolate chunk brownie recipe you’re ever going to try!
Eat Cake Naked is the first baking book dedicated to improving your romantic life. For this book, I not only looked at the history of aphrodisiacs. I got nutrition expert Delahna Flagg to write it with me. What we’ve created is an entire menu of desserts that incorporate the latest superfoods known to ignite the flames of passion…and they’re not just desserts to find you romance. These are the kind of recipes you’ll want to reach for every time you make dessert. (I do!)
The book is also a first for me. It’s my first ebook! You can find out more about it at EatCakeNaked.com. But in the meantime, enjoy my Chocolate Chunk Brownie recipe. Made with aphrodisiacs of cherries soaked in balsamic vinegar, chopped walnuts and dark chocolate chunks, they are guaranteed to turn someone into your love slave! Incidentally, they’re made with chickpea flour, so they’re also gluten free.
- 1/2 cup dried dark cherries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup high-fat cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup roasted walnuts chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup garbanzo flour chickpea flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 lg eggs
- 5 oz dark chocolate baking chunks substitute dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Roughly chop the dried cherries into halves or quarters. Put them in a small bowl and bathe them with the balsamic. Let them rest while you make the brownie batter.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. When the butter is melted, remove from the heat and whisk in the cocoa powder until you have a smooth river of chocolate goodness.
- Stir in the vanilla and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the walnuts, sugar, flour and salt. Stir in the chocolate mixture.
- Crack the eggs one at a time into a separate bowl and add them to the brownie batter. Stir until just combined.
- Strain the balsamic from the cherries then fold the cherries, along with the chocolate chunks, into the batter.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 8-inch x 8-inch pan.* Note: the batter will be thick.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 30-35 minutes until the top is just set. Be careful not to overbake—these are ultra-ooey, gooey brownies.
- 10. To cut, dip your knife in hot water then cut through the brownies. This will help prevent sticking, as these brownies are super moist and luscious.
*If you’re planning to serve the brownies at a party, instead of greasing, line the pan with parchment, making sure to leave it hanging over two opposite sides, as though you’re making handles. (Because you are.) When the brownies have cooled, transfer the pan to the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Remove pan from the freezer and carefully lift the parchment like two handles and transfer the brownies to a cutting board. The time in the freezer will have helped the brownies firm up long enough for you to cut them neatly without totally freezing them.
Love the recipe? Get the book!
Pin this recipe:
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter