Homemade creamer to sweeten your morning boost
There are those of us who just can’t resist the harmonious blend of cream and sugar with our coffee. (Studies show that these blended drink lovers are more likely to be supertasters. So don’t feel any shame for your love of creamy sweetness like you get from this Chocolate Almond Creamer recipe.)
Whether or not you need it sweetened, studies show that over half of coffee drinkers can’t toss back that morning cup of java without a splash of dairy, (or non-dairy creamer if they’re doing it vegan). And for many, those premixed, flavored creamers available at every grocery store and 7-11 can be hard to resist. (We like them, too.) But most offer more chemicals than actual cream. That’s why we’ve designed our own creamer recipes.
This homemade chocolate coffee creamer is sweetened with pure, natural maple syrup. Our Hazelnut Creamer recipe is for dairy fanatics. (Get the recipe here.) But this one for a Chocolate Almond Creamer is easily adapted to a non-dairy (vegan) version.
Chocolate Almond Creamer
- 1 1/4 c cream (for a vegan version, use dairy-free cream)
- 1 c almond milk
- 1/3 c pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine the cream or dairy-free cream with the almond milk and maple syrup in a small saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until the mixture is hot but below a simmer.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the cocoa powder, almond extract and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Cool at room temperature for 30 minutes before transferring to a bottle or other storage container. Store in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter