Our recipe was inspired when we found a sample of Afire’s sustainable wood grilling planks waiting in our mailbox. Although the planks come in a variety of woods, we just can’t resist the combination of subtly sweet, smokey cedar with a steak of wild salmon, (a known aphrodisiac). Of course, any fresh salmon steak will work. But keep in mind that wild salmon has less saturated fat and more flavor than its farmed counterpart. Simple as it gets, this recipe is great to prepare for guests. It takes little prep time and can even be served right off the plank. What could be simpler or sexier?
- cedar grilling plank soaked for 30 minutes
- 1- 1 1/4 lb wild samlon filet , skin on
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat gas grill to medium-high.
- Rinse salmon and pat dry. Arrange skin side down on plank.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, oil, salt and peppers. Spread over salmon.
- Place plank on grill rack. Cook, with grill covered for 20-25 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Serve with a side of lemon wedges. (Can be served right on the plank if so desired.)
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter