She used California’s summer Valencia oranges to make this tart, tangy and refreshing treat. We love the layers of aphrodisiacs in this drink, including: cinnamon; citrus; brandy and, of course, the red wine. The recipe also works well with spring citrus as a cocktail bridge between the winter and summer months. A pitcher makes enough Triple Citrus Sangria for an evening for four, or eight servings if you’re using it as a cocktail.
This citrus fruit sangria makes a pitcher of spring or summer cocktails for a party or a dinner for four. Double the recipe in two pitchers for a party.
- 4-5 large Valencia navel oranges cut into 2-inch chunks, skin left on
- 2 lemons cut into 2-inch chunks, skin left on
- 1 lime cut into 2-inch chunks, skin left on
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 750 bottle of good quality red wine I like to use a rioja or nebiola
- 1 cup of good quality brandy
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a large pitcher, crush the citrus fruit with the sugar, using a muddler or wooden spoon. Add the wine, brandy, cinnamon and cinnamon stick, and mix well. Chill for 30 minutes and serve over a few ice cubes.
For more of Diane’s great recipes, check out The Seduction Cookbook.
Pin this recipe:
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter