How to make mousse an aphrodisiac
Chocolate mousse is sexy. But in this made over recipe from The Oaks at Ojai, chocolate mousse goes seriously aphrodisiac. Why? Because this is a Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate Mousse.
The sexy side of dairy-free
This recipe not only cuts out dairy but it replaces it with protein-rich tofu. And what do you need for a long night of bedroom calisthenics? You need protein! Incidentally, tofu is one of our 10 Best Foods for Women.
The recipe also uses rich, dark chocolate. The darker the chocolate, the higher its aphrodisiac potential. Why? Because the darker the chocolate, the higher the proportion cacao, chocolate’s main aphrodisiac ingredient. A kiss of coffee, (yet another aphrodisiac), is the secret to the richness and complexity of this dark chocolate mousse. It makes it a dessert that’s hard to resist.
Think you need cream for a great chocolate mousse? Think again!
- 12 oz silken tofu
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup coffee (or decaf)
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- fresh berries (optional)
- In a food processor or blender, puree the tofu until smooth.
- Place the chopped chocolate cocoa powder, and coffee in a saucepan. Stir constantly over medium-low heat until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and mix in the agave and the vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Add chocolate mixture to tofu and puree until well blended.
- Put in bowl and chill at least two hours.
- To serve, scoop 1?4 cup onto a serving plate or in a sorbet cup and surround with your favorite berries
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter