A new spin on Greek yogurt parfait
I created this Greek yogurt parfait recipe to celebrate my very favorite fruit, passion fruit! Here, I’ve combined the sweet pulp of passion fruits with the delicate sweetness of plump raspberries, protein-packed quinoa and a dollop of creamy Greek yogurt. Since passion fruit also happens to be an aphrodisiac, I thought my parfait would make the perfect breakfast recipe to share.
A yogurt parfait with quinoa?
Although this website is supposed to be about foods for seduction, it’s really hard to sell quinoa as sexy food. Although it is packed with nutrients to benefit sexual health, the look, not to mention the texture of quinoa, doesn’t really evoke sensuality.
But because quinoa is not only a source of lean protein but also zinc, manganese and folate. So it’s a great choice for anyone who wants to look and feel their most sensual. But to make it work in this tempt-your-lover sort of breakfast in bed parfait, I’ve blended it with honey for a kiss of aphrodisiac sweetness.
And then I layer it right into the parfait so as it hits the spoon, it becomes just another layer of texture between the creamy tang of yogurt, the plush, juicy flesh of the raspberries and the zing of passion fruit.
A breakfast recipe you can make in minutes
Although the flavors of this parfait are at their best when it’s served right away, it only takes about five minutes to make, maybe less. You can cook and sweeten the quinoa as much as a day in advance. Just store the prepared quinoa mixture in the refrigerator.
A note on fresh passion fruit
Passion fruits can be hard to find out of season, but from mid-summer until winter, when they’re in season, even many neighborhood grocery stores will carry them. Look for fruits that are fairly smooth. A really wrinkled fruit is dehydrated and won’t give you the generous spoonful of tangy pulp you want. But the flavor of plump fresh passion fruit cannot be beaten.
Passion Fruit & Quinoa Greek Yogurt Parfait
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 passion fruits halved
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt full-fat recommended
- Combine the quinoa and honey. Set aside.
- Layer half the raspberries in each of two parfait cups, reserving two berries for garnish. (Old Fashioned glasses also work.)
- Scoop the flesh from one half a passion fruit and top raspberries. Repeat with the second cup.
- Divide quinoa between the two glasses.
- Divide Greek yogurt and carefully top the quinoa layer, smoothing the top slightly. Top each with the remaining passion fruit flesh and garnish with the reserved raspberries.
Pin this Greek yogurt parfait recipe:
- The Health Benefits of Bison Meat for Men - November 27, 2023
- Best Amazon Cyber Monday Deals in Food and Health for 2023 - November 27, 2023
- Vegan Roasted, Stuffed Kabocha Squash - November 17, 2023
Get on our mailing list