Creating the ultimate butter cake at home
If you’ve never experienced Ocean Prime, it’s an upscale chain of chic, American restaurants and lounges that puts a modern spin on the old steakhouse. I know that most people visit this beloved steak and seafood chain for the prime cuts and Lobster Bisque. But for those are smart enough to eat lightly and save room for dessert, Ocean Prime has an aphrodisiac secret waiting at the end of the meal. It’s the Ocean Prime Warm Butter Cake.
Now, if you’ve ever eaten at Ocean Prime and stuck around for dessert, you know what I’m talking about. But you don’t have to have dined at this steak palace to appreciate the finesse of a buttery rich, hot cake served with plump, scarlet berries. In fact, you don’t even need to plan a meal if you’re going to make Ocean Prime Warm Butter Cake. It’s one of those skip straight to dessert, taste bud tickling, make-me-your-love-slave recipes.
And since I happen to know an Ocean Prime publicist, I was able to wrangle a copy of this recipe for every crumb-licking, aphrodisiac-loving baker’s home cooking pleasure. (It pays to have friends in high places.)
What makes an aphrodisiac cake recipe?
As for what makes Ocean Prime Warm Butter Cake an aphrodisiac, it starts with vanilla extract. Vanilla–even just the aroma of vanilla–is proven to be aphrodisiac. Read more about the power of vanilla extract to help you hit a home run in the bedroom.
A stick of butter might not seem like an aphrodisiac-making ingredient. And if you’ve followed our recommendations on boosting your libido, you know that foods that are bad for your heart are disastrous to your sex life. However, what would a great cake recipe be without the indulgence of butter? Just think of it as an occasional indulgence and relish every moment!
Ocean Prime Warm Butter Cake
For the cake:
- 1 lb. unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 1/4 oz cream cheese softened
- 5 eggs
- 2/3 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
For the Buttermilk Soak mixture:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1 pint fresh berries
- 12 sprigs mint
Special equipment: 1 dozen 8-oz cake molds or ramekins
- Preheat a convection oven to 350.
- Cream the butter and sugar together with a paddle attachment in a mixer until fluffy.
- Add cream cheese and continue to mix until incorporated.
- With the mixer speed on low, add eggs one by one and slowly add vanilla extract.
- Mix until fully incorporated.
- Scrape the sides of the mixer and add the flour. Then, mix on low speed until just incorporated – careful not to over mix.
- Arrange small cake molds or ramekins on a flat, parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spray the inside of the molds with a non-stick baking spray and place level ½ cup scoops of the batter into each mold, patting down until it is level.
- Bake the cakes in a convection oven for 15 minutes, rotate, and bake another 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the cakes are baking, add the buttermilk soak mixture ingredients to a small sauce pan and heat until the butter has melted completely, but do not boil.
- When the cakes are removed from the oven, immediately poke about 20 holes into each cake with a wooden skewer.
- Ladle the buttermilk mixture onto each cake while it is still hot, making sure it goes in the holes. It will be just over a tablespoon of the soak per cake.
- Allow to cool in the molds until the cakes reach room temperature and then remove the molds or ramekins.
- Serve cakes warm and top with vanilla ice cream and fresh berries, garnish with a sprig of mint.
Pin this recipe for Ocean Prime Warm Butter Cake:
- What is Organic Wine & What are the Benefits of Drinking Organic Wines? - January 11, 2023
- Evidence-Based Almond Benefits For Men (Including Almonds Benefits Sexually) - January 9, 2023
- How to Make Kale Guacamole - January 8, 2023
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter