A simple weekend treat and some fantastic leftovers, too
This Mini Cheddar Quiche Bites recipe comes to us from Pete and Gerry’s, who sell some of our favorite eggs. (The symbol of fertility, eggs are among our favorite aphrodisiac ingredients.) These yummy little bites are great for snacking or for a party. They’re also the kind of thing you roll out of bed to throw together in a rumpled boyfriend shirt then crawl back in bed together to enjoy. Surprisingly portable, you could even use them for a breakfast on the run. They’re full of organic goodness, and your kids will love them. Leftovers are good cold or reheated briefly in the oven or microwave.
We love the simplicity of the recipe–no rolling crust required! And because the bottom of the quiche is made of a sprinkle of Panko, they’re lower in fat and calories than typical quiche. That means, they pack a big dose of protein without all the fat that can slow you down. Love!
This recipe is perfect for a brunch or breakfast for a crowd. You'll love the tang of cheddar in these classic quiches...only in miniature.
- 4 Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup panko or regular bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese 5 oz.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
Generously spray 24 mini-muffin cups with cooking spray. (Use 6 full-size muffin cups to create individual portions for breakfast or brunch.)
- Pat 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crumbs in the bottom of each muffin cup. Tap muffin pan to lightly coat sides of each muffin cup.
- Beat eggs, half-and-half, salt and pepper in medium bowl until blended. Add cheese; mix well.
- Spoon evenly into mini-muffin cups, about 1 tablespoon each.
Bake in 350°F oven until just set, 12 to 15 minutes. (Cook 20-22 for large muffin cups.)
- Cool on rack 5 minutes.
- Loosen quiches from sides of muffin cups with a thin knife. Remove from cups; serve warm.
Pin this recipe:
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter