Your new “everything” sauce
This Chimichurri Sauce recipe is Chef Diane Brown’s go-to sauce, marinade and “everything.” You might know Diane as our dinner party columnist but she’s also the creator of The Family Farm Box, where she transforms deliveries of farm-fresh produce into fast, easy meals that make mouths water.
This sauce is one she whips up all year long because cilantro is always available. And it’s so easy, you can make it in five minutes or less. The secret is using fresh cilantro. The tantalizing herb is at the heart of this vibrant, green sauce. It’s a pick-me-up to give meats and veggies vibrancy. A perfectly balanced blend of parsley and cilantro with hints of garlic and chili, (both aphrodisiacs), it can bring a summer freshness from fall until the spring harvest. Use it as a marinade, sauce, dip or dressing. Diane instructs, “Don’t be afraid to make the recipe your own by amping up the chile, changing the vinegar or using citrus juice.”
This super-fast sauce recipe will pump up the flavor of whatever you're serving. Use it on meat and fish dishes, as a dip, a spread in sandwiches or as a dressing.
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley packed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (sometimes I use mint instead whatever is in the box or garden), packed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Store leftover sauce in the refrigerator.
Pin this recipe:
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter