We are thrilled to share this recipe, which dares to combine two of our favorite aphrodisiacs. Chocolate cake is, of course, a classic and baking it in a bundt pan helps ensure even cooking and moistness.
But add avocado? It may sound outrageous to some, but avocado can make a delicious baking fat, helping to make a perfectly moist, irresistible cake. (And of course, avocado is an aphrodisiac of legendary repute!) Thank you to Chef Maite Gomez-Rejon for this truly sensual chocolate cake recipe.
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 c ½all-purpose flour
- c ½almond flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 c avocado oil plus a little more for coating the cake pan
- 2 c water
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large ripe avocado, cut lengthwise, pitted and mashed
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Coat a 10-inch bundt pan with a little avocado oil. Dust with flour, tapping out any excess.
- Place the chocolate and cocoa powder in a glass or stainless steel bowl over a double boiler. Stir gently until melted and combined. Remove from heat.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle, mix the all-purpose and almond flours, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder at low speed.
- In a separate bowl whisk the mashed avocado, avocado oil, water, vinegar, vanilla extract and both sugars.
- Slowly incorporate the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Add the chocolate and beat until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the chocolate ganache. Heat the heavy cream and vanilla extract in a small saucepan until it starts to simmers.
- Remove from heat, add the chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
- When the cake cools, invert onto a platter and pour the warm ganache over it. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter