A dairy free dessert recipe for avocado lovers
Delahna Flagg and I wanted to share a recipe from our cookbook, Eat Cake Naked: aphrodisiac desserts to heat up your love life that would give a taste of what our concept of an aphrodisiac dessert is all about. We think this dairy free dessert recipe is a statement making choice for showing you just what aphrodisiac desserts are all about.
This avocado pudding is a date night dessert recipe
This pot de crème recipe, (aka fancy pudding), is a unique, unusual and indulgent dessert recipe. As far as we’re concerned, this dairy free pudding has everything a romantic dessert should offer: a voluptuous, velvety texture; subtle sweetness and a healthy dose of aphrodisiac ingredients. It is, incidentally, a gluten free, dairy free dessert recipe.
A dessert recipe with health benefits
This dairy free pudding is one of the most decadent recipes in our aphrodisiac dessert cookbook. And don’t forget, it comes from a cookbook of desserts for romantic occasions. And in order to make sure this and all the recipes in the book help make a romantic evening more successful, they offer some health benefits. I wouldn’t call this dairy free pudding health food. But it does boast one very health ingredient, raw avocado. Raw avocado is a great source of vitamin E, also known as “the sex vitamin.”
And of course, don’t forget about the vanilla. After all, this is a vanilla pot de crème. Vanilla is historically considered aphrodisiac. In this recipe, we’re using it for the seduction of its aroma. (In a scientific study, the scent of vanilla proved to be arousing to men.)
Prepping and serving this avocado dessert recipe
As you probably already know, the flavor and color of avocados change quickly after they’ve been peeled, (due to oxidation), so we recommend eating the pot de crème the day it’s made.
You do need a little bit of special equipment to make this recipe. You will either need a metal bowl that fits neatly over a small to medium saucepan or you will need a double boiler. We prefer the double boiler, but either will work.
Serves four for dessert, two as a snack
This non dairy dessert recipe makes 4 perfect little servings of sweet, creamy goodness as a dessert. But if you’re feeling truly indulgent, it also works well as 2, pure comfort, snack servings.
And if you find this recipe as outright sexy as we do, you can find out more about our cookbook at EatCakeNaked.com.
Avocado Vanilla Bean Dairy Free Pot de Creme
- 1 ripe medium avocado
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large egg yolks at room temperature
- Rinse avocado with hot water to prevent browning. Halve the fruit and scoop the flesh into a blender. Set aside.
- In a double boiler or metal mixing bowl, set on top of a pot of simmering water (make sure the water level is below the bottom of the bowl), combine the coconut cream, brown sugar and vanilla. Slowly, lovingly stir together with a wire whisk until the brown sugar is completely dissolved. As you stir, heat the mixture until it is too hot to touch but not hot enough to simmer.
- While continuing to stir, slowly add the egg yolks one at a time, whisking until thoroughly incorporated. Heat for 10 minutes, continuously whisking. Make sure the custard does not get hot enough to simmer. As it cooks, the mixture will thicken.
- Pour the egg mixture into the blender with the avocado. Purée until it creates a smooth, creamy pudding.
- Divide the pudding between 4 espresso cups or 2 ramekins, martini glasses or your favorite small serving bowls, glasses or cups.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving. Serve topped with a dollop of your favorite non-dairy whipped topping. (We also recommend it with whipped cream if you’re into dairy!)
Eat Cake Naked is now available on Amazon Kindle
Pin this recipe:
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter