You may have heard you can make guacamole with kale and thought, “that’s a terrible idea.” I’m here to convince you that you not only want to make kale guacamole, but you’re also going to love it!
Why add kale to guacamole?
Did you know that kale can make you sexier? Additionally, kale gives the guacamole an intensely green color. It’s truly gorgeous. But more on that later. First, let’s take a look at how adding kale to your guacamole can benefit your sex life.
The benefits of kale to sexual health
It’s an excellent source of vitamins C, K and A. It also offers manganese, calcium, vitamin B6, magnesium and iron, not to mention fiber. How does that make you sexy? All of these nutrients are important to libido and sexual health. Incidentally, kale makes our list of the 10 Best Foods for Women’s Sexual Health.
Not only that but kale contains omega-3 fatty acids, which are known for their mood-boosting abilities among other nutritional benefits. So kale can put you in a good mood.
It’s actually hard to find many foods that offer more nutrition per calorie than kale. But if you’re among those of us who don’t really care for the flavor or texture of kale, we found a way to give you all the goodness without the chew. I call it Kale-a-mole!
How do you make kale guacamole?
It’s quite simple to incorporate kale into guacamole using this healthy guac recipe. I prefer using lacinato kale pureed with mashed, ripe avocado. (I find that blending this bumpy leaf kale, also known as dinosaur kale into the guac keeps the dip from turning brown. In fact, as I mentioned earlier it makes the guacamole a more vibrant green color than you could ever hope to get from just avocado.)
It’s an incredibly simple, 6-ingredient dip recipe. Aside from the avocado and dinosaur kale, all you need to make this easy guacamole recipe is:
- fresh lemon juice
- a sweet onion, such as a Vidalia (you can substitute with a red onion if you prefer the color)
- smoked paprika
- coarse salt
You will need a food processor or good blender to make this nutritious version of guacamole. I use a Vitamix but a less expensive food processor like this popular one from Hamilton Beach will work as well.
Because I prefer chunky guacamole, I reserve half of the avocado and mash it by hand, adding it to the smoothly blended avocado and kale mixture. If you prefer your Vitamix guacamole with a smooth texture, you can skip the hand-mashing and puree all of the avocados.
Be sure to season your guacamole by tasting, tasting, tasting as you add the salt.
What to serve with this avocado dip
If you want to keep your snacking plant-based and grain-free, try serving this guac with plantain chips. It also makes a great dip for crudité. Here are some of my favorite recipes to pair with this aphrodisiac guacamole:
And, of course, there’s always tortilla chips!
- Food processor or blender
- 4 medium-size ripe Haas avocados
- 4 leaves Lacinato kale stems removed, dinosaur kale
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 small sweet onion*
- pinch smoked paprika
- coarse sea salt
- Scoop the flesh from two of the avocados into the bowl of a food processor, (I use my Vitamix).
- Roughly chop the kale and add it, along with the lemon juice, to the food processor.
- Pulse until smooth. (Add a tiny splash or two of water if needed to help thin to a mixable consistency.)
- Scoop the flesh from the two remaining avocados into a medium mixing bowl. Gently fork mash, being careful to leave it fairly chunky.
- Add the avocado puree from the food processor to the mixing bowl, along with the onions, a pinch of paprika and a pinch of salt. Mix.
- Season with additional salt to taste before serving.
- Serve with your favorite chips or use on tacos, sandwiches, burgers.
If you love guacamole, share this recipe on Pinterest!
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter