Sexy Hummus Recipe – An Aphrodisiac Appetizer
This sexy hummus recipe is the first course in my Greek-themed Valentine’s Day dinner for two. (Of course, you can make this tempting Greek meal any time you want a date night at home. I just featured it for Valentine’s Day because it calls for ingredients that are all accessible in February.)
I call it sexy hummus but it’s really an easy, traditional hummus recipe. In other words, all hummus is sexy!
What makes this dip the key to jump-starting a romantic evening? The main ingredient, chickpea, is loaded with nutrition for sexual health. Seriously! Chickpeas may not look sexy but they can keep your sexual motor purring.
To get all of my tips for how to set the scene for a dinner inspired by a Greek god, read my introduction.
A sexual health-boosting recipe to start your meal
You might be wondering why I would serve a humble hummus starter as the opener to a date night menu? A traditional hummus recipe is full of aphrodisiac ingredients, believe it or not. And although it’s high in fat, it’s high in healthy fats. Here’s more information on why you need healthy fats.
Vegan and packed with protein and minerals
This traditional hummus recipe is also a source of the protein you need for sustained energy. (You know, the kind you’ll need later in the evening.) In fact, chickpeas are an excellent source of plant-based protein. This vegetarian dip offers around three grams of protein per ounce. And that’s along with folate, fiber, iron and manganese, all nutrients important to maintaining sexual health. Not to bad, considering this is a vegan hummus.
Why this hummus recipe is a date night food
And beyond the nutrition–which is impressive, hummus is a sensual food. When it’s made right, hummus is fluffy and creamy and the perfect foil for chewy pita or crunchy vegetables. Follow my directions below and my simple hummus recipe will be all of these things.
What about the garlic? Yes, I do make hummus with raw garlic. But you might be surprised to learn that garlic is an aphrodisiac, Now I top my hummus with parsley, a natural breath freshener, to try to counteract any negative effects. But with garlic making the list of the best foods for men, this is an ingredient you might want to start enjoying more, even on date night!
Diane's Traditional Greek Hummus
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 4 cups drained canned chickpeas
- ½ cup tahini sesame paste
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Pita bread
- Put garlic and a pinch of salt into a mortar and crush with a pestle until they form a paste.
- Put chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, salt to taste and garlic paste into the bowl of a food processor and puree, occasionally scraping down bowl, until very smooth, 3-4 minutes. Drizzle in olive oil slowly and pulse to just combine.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with warm pita wedges.
Get more healthy, Greek recipes
If you enjoy this traditional hummus recipe, be sure to check out the rest of the romantic, Eros-inspired, dinner menu:
Roasted Eggplant Puree
Minted Bulghar Salad with Pine nuts and Feta
The Aphrodisiac, a lovers’ cocktail
Pin this sexy hummus recipe:
- An Irish Date Night Menu Inspired by St. Patrick’s Day - March 3, 2023
- 8 Sexy Dinner Recipes to Feed Your Lover - February 6, 2023
- Easy Lavender Chicken Recipe for a Romantic Dinner - January 17, 2023
Get on our mailing list
Don't miss out on a thing! Get news, deals & more!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!