This traditional hummus recipe is the first course in my Greek Golden Arrow romantic dinner for two. It helps set the tone for a night of seduction with a simple nibble inspired by the land of Eros, God of Love. To get the full picture, read my introduction.
Why hummus as the opener to a date night menu? A traditional hummus recipe is full of aphrodisiac ingredients, believe it or not. And although it’s high in fat, it’s high in healthy fats. Read more about why you need healthy fats. It’s also a source of the protein you need for sustained energy. (You know, the kind you’ll need later in the evening.) And beyond the nutrition, hummus is a sensual food. When it’s made right, hummus is fluffy and creamy and the perfect foil for chewy pita or crunchy vegetables.
What about the garlic? I top my hummus with a little parsley to try to counteract any negative affects of the aphrodisiac garlic.
A simple nibble to start a romantic meal with a Greek theme, or an easy party appetizer, this traditional hummus recipe from Diane Brown works for many occasions.
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 4 cups drained canned chickpeas
- ½ cup tahini sesame paste
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Pita bread
- Put garlic and a pinch of salt into a mortar and crush with a pestle until they form a paste.
- Put chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, salt to taste and garlic paste into the bowl of a food processor and puree, occasionally scraping down bowl, until very smooth, 3-4 minutes. Drizzle in olive oil and pulse to just combine.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with warm pita wedges.
If you enjoy this traditional hummus recipe, be sure to check out the rest of the menu:
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter