How to make a Smoked Salmon Egg Salad
The key ingredient in egg salad is one of the world’s most legendary aphrodisiac ingredients. So why don’t most of us consider egg salad as sexy? Perhaps because its one-tone color fails to excite or maybe it’s the sameness of its texture–more of a comfort food than the gateway to passion. But we’ve given egg salad an upgrade. We’ve added two more aphrodisiac ingredients, salmon and capers. (We also brought in a little textural excitement with some celery–which is, incidentally, also an aphrodisiac!) The addition of smoked salmon to egg salad is so simple yet utterly genius. It adds a pretty pop of color, a hint of smokey aroma and, of course, the salty, smokey goodness of its one-of-a-kind flavor. (In addition, salmon offers the body all-important omega-3 fatty acids, which not only support sexual health but also promote good mood.)
We love this smoked salmon egg salad as a sandwich or salad. It might be our new favorite afternoon delight!
This elegant variation on an egg salad sandwich incorporates the salty, seafood flavor of smoked salmon.
- 4 large hard boiled eggs peeled
- 1 scallion ends trimmed
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 2 oz smoked salmon
- 1-2 tsp capers (optional)
- 2-4 tbsp mayonnaise
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- arugula and/or whole grain bread for serving
- Finely chop the hard boiled eggs.
- Slice the scallion lengthwise then slice the two halves into half-moons.
- Add the chopped egg, scallion, celery, smoked salmon, (optional) capers and 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise to a medium mixing bowl. Thoroughly combine.
- Add up to two additional tablespoons of mayonnaise to taste. (We like our egg salad on the dry side and find that two is perfect.) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To serve, divide the egg salad mixture among four slices of whole grain bread or toast and top each with about 1/4 cup of arugula and the second slice of bread. Or divide the egg salad on top of two beds of arugula as a salad for two.
Pin this recipe:
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter