An indulgent version of avocado toast
Avocado toast has been done many times before but not quite like this! When I make avocado toast, I like to go gluttonous. First of all, I make sure the top of the toast gets a nice coating of moisture with a smear of solidified coconut oil. Then I smear on the avocado. But I like texture. So I add extra crunch with roasted cashews and the savory flavor of scallions.
The secret to the sandwich is good bread. I prefer a seeded bread. If I can, I’ll use a fresh baked loaf of multigrain but I also keep a loaf of my favorite avocado toast bread on hand for those times when I can’t just run to a bakery and pick up fresh bread. I like to use Dave’s Killer but you can use whatever you like. Just make sure it’s loaded with seeds. (The recipe can easily be tailored to vegan and gluten-free diets, depending on the bread you choose.)
Although this recipe may not be for the dieting crowd, this open-faced sandwich is loaded with aphrodisiac ingredients, nutrients and flavors to sweep you away to your imaginary island of happiness feeling like your most sexy self.
A super-gluttonous rendition of avocado toast, it combines the tropical flavors of cashew and coconut oil with ripe avocado and just a touch of scallions.
- 2 slices of your favorite seedy whole-grain bread (We recommend Dave's Killer 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced)
- coconut oil
- 1/3-1/2 Haas avocado
- 3 "scallion thinly sliced, green top part only
- 2 tbsp roasted salted cashews, roughly chopped
- pinch sea salt
- Toast the bread.
- While the bread is warm, spread both slices with a thin layer of coconut oil.
- Scoop the flesh from 1/3 or 1/2 of a Haas avocado (depending on size) and divide in two. Spread it into a chunky paste on each slice.
- Top each with 1 tbsp cashew and half the scallions.
- Sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
Pin this recipe:
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter