A hibiscus martini with a romantic link
Even the name of this cocktail evokes sensuality…and maybe a sense of danger. But we think the presentation is really what takes this hibiscus martini over the top. A cherry-stuffed, marinated hibiscus flower serves as a garnish. (Learn more about what makes hibiscus such a potent symbol of sensuality. And how this flower’s nutrition can boost your love life.) It is a cocktail tribute to history’s greatest lust story.
Wild Hibiscus brand hibiscus flowers a favorite around our office. As an aphrodisiac ingredient, these whole hibiscus flowers preserved in syrup get top marks from us. They’re delicious, exotic and beautiful all at once. In this hibiscus martini, one rests atop the glass like a beautiful bird of paradise. It transforms this cocktail from just another drink into an experience.
- 1 Wild HIbiscus brand hibiscus flower
- 1 cherry pitted or maraschino
- 2 oz vodka
- 3 oz apple puree baby food works best
- 1 oz Wild Hibiscus syrup
- martini glass
- shaker with strainer
- Stuff Wild Hibiscus flower with the cherry then skewer through the side with the chopstick. Set aside for garnish.
- On ice, shake together the vodka, apple puree and hibiscus syrup.
- Strain into martini glass and top glass with garnish. 1
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter