It’s that time of year! I’m eager to put on my best apron and Santa hat and host a Holiday gathering. Among all the sweets and other treats I will be serving, I like to offer my guests a healthy option. Preferably a healthy option that doesn’t taste so healthy! Believe it or not, this succulent sounding Coconut Chicken Lettuce Wrap recipe calls for a variety of nutrient-rich ingredients to support the immune system. Better yet, it has powerful ingredients to help fight free radicals and strengthen the heart. (And you know what we say, what’s good for your heart is great for your libido.) It’s safe to say that these are not your average chicken lettuce wraps–but don’t tell anyone!
Chef’s tip for the most moist chicken
At the Holidays, you’re in a hurry. I get it. You may be tempted to buy boneless chicken so you can skip a step. It’s not a terrible idea and you can do it if you absolutely must. But cooking chicken on the bone makes for more flavorful meat. It’s a small step but one that I say is worth keeping if you want the most moist, juicy and flavorful chicken lettuce wraps.
A note on ingredients:
If you don’t have butter lettuce, you can substitute with Romaine or Red Leaf or Green Leaf lettuce. But butter lettuce definitely makes the best wrapper.
This recipe calls for a variety of nutrient-rich ingredients that will support the immune system, fight free radicals, and strengthen the heart. They are not your regular chicken lettuce wraps (but don't tell).
- butter lettuce
- 2 bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 1 tbsp coconut Oil
- 2 tsp turmeric
- sea salt
- Heat coconut oil in a saute pan and place chicken thighs in, skin side down. Cook for 10 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Flip chicken thighs and add chicken stock, garlic (minced), mushrooms (sliced) and 1tspn turmeric. Cover saute pan for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- In a separate pan, boil water. Add chow mein noodles and cook them most of the way through.
- Once noodles are almost done, strain the water and let the noodles cool. Add a pinch of sea salt and turmeric. Toss.
- Remove thigh bones and slice the chicken.
- Toss the rest of the ingredients in the pan with the chicken. Add the noodles. Toss
- Gently remove whole leaves from your head of butter lettuce. Rinse and dry.
- Use the lettuce leaves for serving. Fill with the rest of the ingredients.
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter