This Napoleon recipe is the sweet finale to a night of seductive tapas
A night of seduction should end on a sweet note. I got the inspiration for my Napoleon recipe with a Latin flare from Agavero tequila. One of my favorite spirits, Agavero is a tequila blended with aphrodisiac damiana flower. I once did a consulting gig developing recipes with this spirit. And I’ve found that it works brilliantly in baking.
This quick version of the traditional, French pastry is anything but a classic–but it’s a fun twist in the spirit of my tapas menu! Instead of flakey pastry, I use tortillas for the layers. (And I love the simplicity.) But don’t think because it’s easy that this napoleon recipe is lacking in flavor.
A dessert for tapas night or date night
I spice up the cheese, (which, incidentally, is an aphrodisiac) and whipped cream filling with both fresh and crystalized ginger. And if that’s not enough aphrodisiac for you, I add vanilla and cinnamon. If you like the flavor, you can garnish with a generous dusting of cinnamon.
End a Latin-themed night of seduction with this easy to make version of a Napoleon, flavored with ginger and cinnamon.
- 8- oz containers mascarpone cheese softened
- 1/4 cup Agavero tequila
- 1 tbsp finely minced crystallized ginger
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 8- in flour tortillas each one cut into two 3” rounds with a cookie cutter (yielding six
- 3 ” rounds)
- 1/4 stick butter melted
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon plus additional for garnish
- In a standing mixture, mix mascarpone, Agavero, crystallized ginger, fresh ginger and vanilla extract together well until fluffy.
Using a whisk or standing mixer, whip the cream until soft peaks form. Fold 1/2 of the whipped cream into mascarpone mixture, reserving 1/2 of the whipped cream for the top of the napoleon.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place tortilla rounds on a baking sheet and, using a pastry brush, brush evenly on both sides with butter.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, until tortillas are a light golden color and crisp.
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle evenly on the top side of the tortilla crisp, shaking off excess. Cool on a cooling rack.
- Assemble napoleons by placing one tortilla round on a dessert plate, smoothing two tablespoons of mascarpone mixture on top. Place a second tortilla crisp on top of mascarpone, and another 2 tablespoons of mascarpone mixture. Top with a 3rd tortilla crisp, a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
View more of the tapas recipes:
Diane Brown is author of The Seduction Cookbook: Culinary Creations For Lovers
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter