Classic chocolate chip cookies get an aphrodisiac makeover
I’ve never made a secret of the fact that Chrysta Wilson is one of my favorite baking experts. The author of Kiss My Bundt, Chrysta is best known for her cakes. But this baker knows her way around traditional, American desserts, including the chocolate chip cookie.
Over the years of our friendship, we’ve talked our way through dozens of recipes. But one of my favorites was our contemplations on the dessert classic, holy grail of biscuits, the chocolate chip cookie.
What makes an aphrodisiac chocolate chip cookie?
The most notable thing to me about our musings on made-from-scratch chocolate chip cookies was that most of the ingredients that come together to make each of our ideal cookies is historically aphrodisiac. For example, we both agree that walnuts give the proper crunch. And we both happen to like the chewy body that aphrodisiac oats bring to a homemade chocolate chip cookie. And, of course, we both love the bitter richness and depth that dark chocolate chips bring to our favorite cookie dough.
The elements that make great chocolate chip cookies
Ultimately, our intention wasn’t to make simply an aphrodisiac cookie but to figure out the elements that make a great chocolate chip cookie. A good cookie should should be more than just sweet. It should have a good play between sweet, bitter and salty. The addition of oats, almond meal and walnuts, pump up the aphrodisiac factor but they also give the cookie’s flavor complexity. Interestingly, these ingredients also bring to the final recipe some nutrients proven to support sexual health. (Read more about aphrodisiacs to understand how these foods offer the nutrition your body needs to support your sex life.)
Be sure to keep telling yourself that as you plow through a plate of warm cookies! We think our combination of ingredients is hard to resist.
Aphrodisiac Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 7 oz butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 lg eggs
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips*
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, almond meal, oats, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs until creamy.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture then fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon full onto ungreased baking sheets and bake for 9-10 minutes until golden on the bottom.
Pin this Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe:
- How to Make a Decadent Lobster Stew with White Wine - October 30, 2022
- Roasted Stuffed Kabocha Squash Recipe - October 24, 2022
- Pomegranate Benefits for Men - October 19, 2022
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter