Classic chocolate chip gets an aphrodisiac makeover
Dessert maven Chrysta Wilson, author of Kiss My Bundt and I started talking about the elements we think make a great Chocolate Chip Cookie. The we realized that most of the ingredients in our ideal cookies were aphrodisiac. So we played around with some recipes and came up with this, our aphrodisiac variation on the all-American classic cookie.
What makes an aphrodisiac chocolate chip cookie?
A Chocolate Chip Cookie should be more than just sweet. It should have a good play between sweet, bitter and salty. The addition of oats, almond meal and walnuts, pump up the aphrodisiac factor as well as give the cookie’s flavor complexity. They also bring in some nutrients proven to support sexual health. Be sure to keep telling yourself that as you plow through a plate of warm cookies! We think our combination of ingredients is hard to resist.
This recipe upgrades the classic chocolate chip by layering it with aphrodisiac ingredients.
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c almond meal
- 1/2 c quick oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 7 oz butter
- 3/4 c brown sugar lightly packed
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 lg eggs
- 3/4 c chopped walnuts
- 1 c dark chocolate chips*
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, almond meal, oats, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs until creamy.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture then fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon full onto ungreased baking sheets and bake for 9-10 minutes until golden on the bottom.
*If you are a serious chocolate lover, you can toss in additional chocolate but we like the recipe with a more balanced chocolate to nut ratio.
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter