The Lemon Shooter gets a makeover
Diva Dish with Diane Brown
This recipe for a lavender variation on a Lemon Shooter it part of my boozy-themed date night plan. It’s the final touch to my menu, Hitting the Sauce (a guide to cooking with alcohol to create a romantic meal).
Let the adventure begin
The drink combines the aphrodisiac of lavender with the bright, sharp flavors of lemon and lemon zest to wake up the taste buds while the vodka infuses the body with its one-of-a-kind feel-good sensation. It’s perfect for a toast at the beginning of the meal because it primes the taste buds–and the senses–for the adventure to come. As with all alcoholic beverage, moderation is key, particularly where the games of love are concerned. The recipe makes two drinks, one for each lover, which is just the right amount to warm the body before you move on to the heart of the meal.
This cocktail from Diane Brown is perfect as the starting point to a romantic, adventurous meal.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 ounces vodka
- 3/4 ounces fresh lemon juice
- sugar to rim shot glass
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add sugar, lavender and zest, and dissolve sugar into the water. Cool completely, and strain into a squeeze bottle. Chill and store for up to 7 days.
- Pour vodka, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of lavender syrup into a shaker with ice. Shake well and strain into two sugar-rimmed shot glasses.
Discover more of Diane’s recipes for Hitting the Sauce
Diane Brown is author of The Seduction Cookbook: Culinary Creations For Lovers
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter