Recipe from Romancing the Stove by Amy Reiley
This soup was inspired by one of the season’s most sweet and delicate ingredients as well as Green Valley Organics’ lactose free kefir. (Since I’m lactose intolerant, this product opened a whole new world to me–one I was previously afraid to explore!)
Adding kefir to the soup gives it a similar tang to buttermilk but with a multitude of nutritional benefits buttermilk can’t provide. But enough about the healthy stuff, our fresh corn soup is an amazingly silky, rich, decadent and delicious taste of summer you can make in less than 30 minutes!
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 sm onion chopped
- 2 c chicken stock
- 2 ears corn plus cobs
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp corriander
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c kefir
- 1 tsp fresh chives optional, finely chopped
- Cut corn from cob and reserve both corn and cobs.
- Heat oil in a stock pot over medium-high heat. Saute onion for 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to simmer and add corn, cobs, cumin, coriander and salt. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Remove 2 tbsp of corn from the pot and set aside. Remove cobs and pour the remaining soup into the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in kefir, reserved corn kernels and chives. Season with additional salt to taste.
- Serve immediately or chill at least 2 hours for a cold soup.
Want more of Amy’s recipes for romance? Order your copy of Romancing the Stove.
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter