This recipe for Dutch Crunchy Coconut Cookies comes to us from cookbook author Micheline Mongrain-Dontigny. An expert on the cuisine and culinary traditions of Quebec, she translated this recipe from French especially for our readers. The cookie recipe comes from her book Les Grands Classiques de la Cuisine d’Ici.
I love that the cookies not only contain the tropical goodness of unsweetened coconut (which is an aphrodisiac) but they also have oatmeal which is one of my favorite aphrodisiac ingredients. (It’s also on our list of the 10 best foods for men’s libido.) It really puts Holiday cheer in a new light, doesn’t it!
I love this recipe for it’s ingredients and its simplicity. For more on Micheline, the creator of these brilliantly simple coconut cookies, please visit her blog Cuisine Avec Micheline.
These cookies offer the flavors of coconut and oatmeal with loads of crunch.
- 1 ¼ c unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ c all purpose flour
- 1 c quick cooking oatmeal
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tso salt
- 1 c dried unsweetened coconut
- Set oven rack at center position. Preheat oven at 375 F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter. Add sugar and brown sugar and beat for 2 minutes. Add egg and beat until well blended.
- In another bowl, mix flour, oatmeal, baking soda, baking powder, salt and coconut and stir in first mixture until there is no more trace of flour.
- Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake one sheet of 12 cookies at a time for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool 2 minutes, remove cookies from sheet with a thin spatula and cool completely on rack.
- Store cookies in a metal box.
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter