We’re feeling the need for a good, stiff cocktail right now. We thought something refreshing, like this Caipirinha recipe would put us all in the mood to transition to spring. (And the thought that really motivates this post? We’re betting that the combination of the aphrodisiac spirit cachaca with fresh citrus will help you get in the mood.)
This Caipirinha recipe by Diane Brown, author of The Seduction Cookbook comes from her feature story, The Grill from Ipanema. She considers it the perfect drink to pair with a Brazillian meal. (The Caipirinha is considered the national drink of Brazil.) If you’d like a menu to pair with this sexy cocktail, check out the full story.
- 1 lime
- 2 oz cachaca
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Ice to fill glass
- Wash the lime and roll it on the board to loosen the juices.
- Cut the lime into wedges, and then in half again, and place them in a glass. Sprinkle with the sugar and crush the pieces (pulp side up) with a pestle or muddler.
- Do not over-muddle or the drink will become bitter.
- Add the cachaça and stir to mix. Add the ice and stir again.
*This Caipirinha recipe is excerpted from a greater story in Diane Brown’s Diva Dish column. Get the full romantic menu plan, The Grill from Ipanema.
- Plan a Tropical Christmas Party for a Beach-y Holiday at Home - November 25, 2023
- Lavender Lemon Drop Shooter & Martini Recipe - July 3, 2023
- An Irish Date Night Menu Inspired by St. Patrick’s Day - March 3, 2023
Get on our mailing list