A 7-ingredient masterpiece
Lisa Peju of Peju Winery and Pastry Chef Chrysta Wilson, author of our favorite cake book, Kiss My Bundt, created this version of an apple bread pudding for a community-building cooking class we hosted in our test kitchen. We gave the ladies 6 ingredients, an oven and a bottle of Cava. And this bread pudding recipe is what they created.
An apple a day…
You will be absolutely shocked by the rich flavor of this relatively figure-friendly dish. You’ll swear it was made with gobs of golden butter. But the moisture comes from the sparkling wine and, of course, the juicy autumn fruit that stars in this simple dish. As the original fruit of temptation, the apple is one of the world’s most interesting aphrodisiacs. And we are thrilled to bring you this unique and crave-able recipe for feeding your lover this sensual fruit.
You don’t have to use an expensive bottle of Champagne to make this bread pudding. In fact, Chrysta and Lisa created the recipe with an inexpensive bottle of Cava. However, keep in mind that you’ll only use 1/2 cup of the sparkling wine in the recipe, so you’ll want to select a bottle of Brut-style bubbly that you’ll want to drink. Because, as the chef suggests, the most fun way to enjoy this dish is to imbibe in the rest of the wine while you wait for your bread pudding to bake.
A simple and fun recipe with the flavors of fall, this is sure to become your go-to autumn dessert. Leftover slices are perfect for breakfast.
- 2 cup chopped french bread approx
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 4 oz chevre (soft goat cheese)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 bottle Cava or Brut Sparkling Wine
- 1 medium gala apple cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a small baking dish with canola oil.
- Chop baguette into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs. Add in soy milk, chevre, sugar and 1/2 c Cava to make a custard.
- Put bread and apples in oiled baking dish and cover with the custard. Let stand for 10 min while you drink rest of Cava.
- Bake for 25-30 min or until custard is set.
- Serve with additional Cava.
Pin this recipe:
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter