This version of an apple bread pudding was created by Lisa Peju and Chef Chrysta Wilson of Kiss My Bundt Bakery for a class we hosted with In Pursuit Networking. We gave the ladies 6 ingredients, an oven and a bottle of Cava and this bread pudding recipe is what they created.
You will be absolutely shocked by the rich flavor of this relatively figure-friendly dish. You’ll swear it was made with gobs of golden butter!
- 2 cup chopped french bread approx
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 4 oz chevre (soft goat cheese)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 bottle Cava or Brut Sparkling Wine
- 1 medium gala apple cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a small baking dish with canola oil.
- Chop baguette into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs. Add in soy milk, chevre, sugar and 1/2 c Cava to make a custard.
- Put bread and apples in oiled baking dish and cover with the custard. Let stand for 10 min while you drink rest of Cava.
- Bake for 25-30 min or until custard is set.
- Serve with additional Cava.
Pin this recipe:
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter