Bacon chocolate chip cookies?
This recipe from Tina Casaceli, author of Milk & Cookies, is about to become your favorite chocolate chipper. I know that’s a bold assertion. But Tina invented these smokey, salty, spicy Chipotle Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies for my cookbook, Romancing the Stove: the unabridged guide to aphrodisiac foods. And every single one of the book’s recipe testers singled this recipe out as the one they would reach for again and again.
How do you make a good cookie?
Of all the sweet baked goods, I love a good cookie. And what makes Tina’s cookies special is that the sweetness is always balanced and the final product always has the correct moisture content. These cookies have a soft interior and crisp edges. The salty bacon and smokey chipotle balance the brown sugar.
What makes an aphrodisiac cookie?
To create these bacon chocolate chip cookies, Tina layered her basic dough with the legendary aphrodisiacs of chocolate and chile. And although there’s little scientific evidence to substantiate it, bacon makes my list of aphrodisiac ingredients. That’s because bacon is linked with seduction throughout history. In Victorian times, it was known to light a woman’s inner fire. And today, its scent alone is said to drive men wild. (Learn more about the aphrodisiac potential of bacon.) So Tina added this potent ingredient to the mix.
In conclusion, if you like bacon, and you like cookies, and you like having fun, you need to try this Chipotle Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. It’s truly as simple as that.
Want more chocolate chip cookie ideas?
Looking for a fast and simple variation on the chocolate chip cookie? Try my Aphrodisiac Cookie Bar Recipe. It’s an adult variation on the classic Toll House bars.
Chipotle Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup cherry wood smoked bacon*
- 1 2/3 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz extra bitter chocolate chunks or dark, 1 bag
- *If cherry wood smoked bacon is unavailable substitute with another hardwood smoked bacon., !
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay bacon on a foil or parchment-lined baking sheet and place in oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked and crisp. Remove from pan cool before chopping into bacon bit-sized chunks. Set aside.
- Measure out 1 2/3 cup oats then process in food processor until finely ground.
- Combine ground oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and chipotle powder. Set aside.
- Beat butter on medium until creamy (2-3 minutes).
- Gradually add granulated and brown sugars, beat well.
- Add egg, egg white and vanilla, beating until well blended
- Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture.
- Fold in chocolate and bacon.
- Transfer dough to refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours
- Scoop desired size onto baking sheet and bake for approximately 10 minutes @ 350 degrees.
For more of Amy’s aphrodisiac recipes, check out Romancing the Stove: the unabridged guide to aphrodisiac foods.
Pin this Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe:
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter