Bacon chocolate chip cookies?
This recipe from Tina Casaceli of Milk & Cookies Bakery is about to become your favorite chocolate chip. I swear! Tina invented these smokey, salty, spicy Chipotle Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies for my cookbook, Romancing the Stove: the unabridged guide to aphrodisiac foods.
Of all the sweet baked goods, I love a good cookie. And Tina makes some of the best cookies I’ve ever tasted. But now she’s made me my very own recipe I can make any time I’m craving chocolate chip. (Which is often.) How lucky could a girl get?
What makes an aphrodisiac cookie?
To create this aphrodisiac cookie, Tina layered her basic dough with the legendary aphrodisiacs of chocolate and chile. And although there’s little scientific evidence to substantiate it, bacon makes my list of aphrodisiac ingredients. That’s because bacon is linked with seduction throughout history. In Victorian times, it was known to light a woman’s inner fire. And today, its scent alone is said to drive men wild. So Tina added this potent ingredient to the mix.
In conclusion, if you like bacon, and you like cookies, and you like having fun, you need to try this Chipotle Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe!
Combining the sensations of smokey, salty, sweet and spicy, this recipe takes chocolate chip cookies to a whole new level.
- 1 c cherry wood smoked bacon*
- 1 2/3 c old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 1/3 c all-purpose flour
- 2/3 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 c unsalted butter
- 2/3 c sugar
- 2/3 c brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz extra bitter chocolate chunks or dark, 1 bag
- *If cherry wood smoked bacon is unavailable substitute with another hardwood smoked bacon., !
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay bacon on a foil or parchment-lined baking sheet and place in oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked and crisp. Remove from pan cool before chopping into bacon bit-sized chunks. Set aside.
- Measure out 1 2/3 cup oats then process in food processor until finely ground.
- Combine ground oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and chipotle powder. Set aside.
- Beat butter on medium until creamy (2-3 minutes).
- Gradually add granulated and brown sugars, beat well.
- Add egg, egg white and vanilla, beating until well blended
- Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture.
- Fold in chocolate and bacon.
- Transfer dough to refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours
- Scoop desired size onto baking sheet and bake for approximately 10 minutes @ 350 degrees.
For more of Amy’s aphrodisiac recipes, check out Romancing the Stove: the unabridged guide to aphrodisiac foods.
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter