Bacon, Tomato and Avocado Picnic Sandwiches
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 1-1 1/2 tsp whipped or softened butter
- 10 slices garden tomato (about 1 medium tomato)
- 1/2 avocado
- 4 slices smokey bacon
- 4 breakfast radishes thinly sliced (optional)
- to taste salt and black pepper
Thinly spread 2 slices of bread with the butter. (Use just enough butter to cover the slice.)
Top each buttered slice with tomato slices.
Sprinkle the tomato with salt and pepper to taste then add the (optional) radish slices and 2 strips of bacon to each.
Remove skin from the avocado and mash to a chunky paste.
Spread half the avocacdo on each of the 2 remaining bread slices.
Form sandwiches, cut in half and either serve immediately or pack up for a picnic. (Sandwiches will last for about 4 hours.)