Pineapple Teriyaki Sauce--perfect for meats, fish or grilled fruit
This terrific teriyaki sauce recipe incorporates the tropical flavor of pineapple with classic teriyaki flavor for a marinade or sauce that pairs well with a variety of meats, veggies and even tofu.
- ¼ cup 100% pineapple juice or 100% orange-pineapple juice blend
- ¼ cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin or 2 teaspoons sake plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- ¼ tsp ground ginger or 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 oz canola oil
- 2 tsp cornstarch optional
In a mixing cup, combine the 100% fruit juice, broth, soy sauce, mirin,
garlic, and ginger. Add about 8 grinds of black pepper.
Pour the Teriyaki Sauce into a 1-gallon resealable plastic freezer bag and add the oil.
Add the desired beef, seal, and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Discard the marinade after using.
For a stir-fry sauce, do not use the oil, but mix in the cornstarch.
Add to the wok at the end, cooking just until the sauce thickens to coat the other
ingredients, 60-90 seconds.
Makes approx 1/2 cup.
This sauce keeps, covered in the refrigerator, for 2 days.