Fig & Tulsi Lassi with Honey and Almonds
This easy, summer lassi recipe features layers of sweet fruit and savory flavors.
- 3 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 8 Black Mission figs stems trimmed
- 1 cup cold water
- 2-4 tbsp sugar
- 15 leaves fresh holy basil or fresh mint (do not substitute with fresh Italian basil)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds for garnish
- 3 tbsp honey for garnish
- 1 tbsp tsp sweet basil seeds for garnish, optional, soaked in water
Combine the yogurt and figs to a smooth puree in a blender.
While the motor is still running, slowly pour in the cold water, ¼ cup at a time until fully combined.
Add 2 tablespoons sugar. Blend and taste for sweetness. The natural sweetness of the figs and yogurt will determine if you need more sugar. (Add up to 2 additional tablespoons if needed.)
Once the desired sweetness is achieved, add the holy basil leaves and give it one last blend.
Check again for sweetness and adjust if needed. All the ingredients should be well combined now. (The holy basil leaves can also be reserved until just before serving as part of the garnish.)
Pour the lassi into tall drinking glasses or champagne flutes to show off the color; garnish with sliced almonds, drizzle honey on top and sprinkle some sweet basil seeds (optional).