Cupid's Kiss Champagne Cocktail
This shrub cocktail recipe comes from the cookbook Romancing the Stove. It's perfect for Valentine's Day or any romantic occasion.
- 2 tbsp balsamic fruit syrup
- 10 oz Brut Champagne or sparkling wine
for the balsamic fruit syrup
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen strawberries
- 3-4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Marinate fruit and 3 tbsp sugar in the balsamic for 30 minutes-1 hour.
Taste mixture, and if it is not sweet enough, stir in additional sugar 1 tsp at a time, up to 3 tsp, allowing fruit to marinate for an additional 10 minutes.
Strain to remove seeds, pressing fruit against the strainer to release all the juice. Store juice in the refrigerator until serving.