East Meets West, Southeast Asian-Style Bourbon Lemonade
This tantelizing lemon and bourbon drink combines citrus sorbet with ginger, basil and bourbon. It's so good!
- 2 in piece of peeled fresh ginger chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Thai basil torn into small pieces
- 4 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 1/2 jiggers Kentucky bourbon
- Ice cubes
- 3/4 cup shaved ice can be made in a blender
- 1 small scoop lemon sorbet or granita approximately 1/8 cup, homemade or purchased
- Seltzer water
- 1 lemon slice seeds removed (optional)
- 1 in sprig Thai basil fit into a slitthe lemon slice (optional)
In mixing glass, muddle the ginger and basil with the bitters and agave nectar until the ginger is well bruised. Fill the glass halfway with ice cubes; pour in Bourbon. Stir vigorously.
Fill the chilled glass 3/4 with shaved ice then place the scoop of sorbet on top; strain the cocktail over the sorbet and finish with a splash of seltzer water.
Serve garnished with a Thai basil sprig, lemon slice (both optional) and a swizzle stick.