Cranberry Persimmon Fruit Salsa
This easy salsa recipe puts a sweet spin on salsa. Use it on tacos, or as a topping for grilled fish or meat.
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2-3 tbsp rice wine vinegar unseasoned
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 Serrano or Jalapeño pepper seeded and minced
- sea salt to taste
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice or to taste
- 4 whole small fuyu persimmons peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice, or substitute 1 mango
Cook cranberries very gently in sweet rice wine vinegar until skins pop. Monitor fluid level carefully.
Set aside to cool.
Combine all other ingredients in a serving bowl, adding cranberries and persimmons last.
Serve over tacos or other grilled favorites.