You won’t believe it’s vegan
It’s amazing what you can find surfing Instagram. We’ve found several ideas to inspire our recipe development but in this instance, we found a whole recipe! This Instagram find came from the author of the blog Vegan Plaisir, a site dedicated to simple techniques for vegan cooking.
How to make a gluten-free, vegan banana bread
Although the original recipe for this vegan banana bread calls for wheat flour, if you’re looking for a gluten-free banana bread, try making it with rice flour. Just keep in mind that it’s the wheat flour that gives this bread its texture. We recommend reducing the amount of flour slightly, to make a scant 2/3 cup. If the texture feels a little too dry, try adding an additional 1/2 tsp oil. Achieving the right texture when swapping out flours is often tricky. But with this recipe, you don’t have to be so afraid because it’s really the bananas that star.
And, of course, that brings us to why we love this recipe. It stars the aphrodisiac of banana.
Baking with aphrodisiac bananas
Bananas offer a the body a handful of nutrients essential to sexual hormone production including potassium and B vitamins. True, banana is a bit of an aphrodisiac world cliche but that doesn’t make it any less of an aphrodisiac! Don’t believe us? Try this vegan banana bread as part of an intimate breakfast in bed for two and you be the judge.
The trick to baking with bananas is making sure that they’re ripe–in fact, the more ripe the better. Ever let a banana go to the point that the peel began to blacken? That’s the kind of bananas you’re going to want for this quick bread batter.
Just keep in mind that for this vegan banana bread recipe you’ll need three bananas in this ultra-ripe state but the fourth banana is going to be your “show” banana. This banana should be at peak ripeness, still good for slicing. You’re going to line the pan with slices. What will happen when you turn the bread out of the pan? Those bananas will decorate the top of your bread. So choose your bananas wisely and enjoy this incredibly easy, vegan quick bread!
Vegan Banana Bread
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2 tbsp soy milk substitute almond or rice milk
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash three of the bananas.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar and oil.
- Fold in the bananas.
- Add the flour, soy milk, salt and baking powder and stir to a thick batter.
- Slice the last banana into rounds and arrange at the bottom of a well-greased 9" round baking pan. Transfer the batter to the pan.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Remove from pan immediately and cool on a rack for 30 minutes before serving.
Pin this Vegan Banana Bread Recipe:
- Heirloom Tomato Gazpacho – a vegan soup for summer - September 5, 2022
- Cacao Aphrodisiac: discover the sexual benefits of cocoa - January 21, 2022
- Easy Meatless Lasagna Recipe with Tofu - October 11, 2021
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter