You won’t believe it’s vegan
It’s amazing what you can find surfing Instagram. We’ve found several ideas to inspire our recipe development but in this instance, we found a whole recipe! This Instagram find came from elyonlylyablolus, one of the authors of the blog Plaisir Vegan, a site dedicated to simple techniques for vegan cooking. Although the original recipe for this vegan banana bread calls for wheat flour, it also works well with rice flour to make a bread that’s both vegan and gluten free. We love this recipe not only for the scrumptious simplicity but because it stars banana.
Bananas are loaded with nutrients essential to sexual hormone production including potassium and B vitamins. True, banana is a bit of an aphrodisiac world cliche but that doesn’t make it any less of an aphrodisiac! Don’t believe us? Try it as part of an intimate breakfast in bed for two and you be the judge.
You'll find it hard to believe this simple and healthy version of banana bread is vegan.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2/3 c granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2/3 c flour
- 2 tbsp soy milk substitute almond or rice milk
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash three of the bananas.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar and oil.
- Fold in the bananas.
- Add the flour, soy milk, salt and baking powder and stir to a thick batter.
- Slice the last banana into rounds and arrange at the bottom of a well-greased 9" round baking pan. Transfer the batter to the pan.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Remove from pan immediately and cool on a rack for 30 minutes before serving.
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter