This play on rice and black beans offers all the traditional flavors of tomato and spice. The only difference is that the rice isn’t rice, it is cauliflower rice. Ricing cauliflower is a great way to add nutrition to your meal while cutting some of the “white” carbs.
How to make vegan Cauliflower Rice and Beans
If you want to make a vegetarian/vegan version of Cauliflower Rice and Beans, just use your favorite vegetable stock in place of the chicken stock. It’s as simple as that.
It’s true that grating cauliflower to make “rice” takes a little more elbow grease than cooking a pot of actual rice. But the results on your waist of swapping rice for cauliflower rice are worth that extra work. And the extra nutrition might even give your sex life a boost. So get grating!
Time-saving tips to making cauliflower rice and beans
And although you’ll get greater nutritional benefit from fresh, these days it’s possible to purchase already “riced” cauliflower in the frozen food section of many grocers. You can also freeze your own. If you find a great deal on cauliflower, grate a batch for now and store a second, uncooked batch in an air-tight container in your freezer for up to a month. This will allow you to whip up a libido-boosting batch of Cauliflower Rice and Beans any night of the week.
A vegetarian meal that’s aphrodisiac
While you might not think of traditional rice and beans as an aphrodisiac, this lightened-up version has many ingredients to help take you from an ordinary evening to a night to remember. In addition to the boost of nutrition cauliflower gives the dish, this version contains some of my favorite aphrodisiac ingredients, including tomatoes, garlic and the sweet heat of chiles. Serve it as a sizzling side dish to lean, grilled or roasted meats or make it a light supper or brunch dish all on its own.
Spanish Cauliflower Rice with Black Beans
- Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 serrano chile ribs and seeds removed, cut into a small dice
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 in head of cauliflower approximately 1 pound, stem, outer leaves and core removed, grateda cheese grater or passed through the grating blade of a food processor
- 1 15- oz can organic diced tomatoes or use fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup homemade or good quality prepared chicken stock
- 1 15- oz can organic black beans rinsed and drained
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves roughly chopped
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and add garlic, chile and onion. Cook until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cumin and coriander, cooking for 30 seconds to toast, then add the cauliflower, stirring to incorporate the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper, then cook for another minute. Add the tomatoes with juices, chicken stock and beans, then season again to taste.
- Cover with a slightly cracked lid and cook for about 2-4 minutes, until cauliflower is slightly tender.
- Fold in the cilantro and serve.
- Lavender Lemon Drop Shooter & Martini Recipe - July 3, 2023
- An Irish Date Night Menu Inspired by St. Patrick’s Day - March 3, 2023
- 8 Sexy Dinner Recipes to Feed Your Lover - February 6, 2023
Get on our mailing list
Subscribe and get our exclusive list of Six Great Sex-Boosting Snack Foods for FREE! Unsubscribe at any time.