Sure, veggie burgers have been done. But this time, the vegan burger has an aphrodisiac spin. Blending oven-dried mushrooms with quinoa, brazil nuts and spice, it offers a stimulating sensation for every one of your taste buds. (Is your mouth watering yet?) The trick is the technique of dehydrating the mushrooms. This simple step adds to the intensity of flavor and improves the burger’s texture.
Although burgers don't make the sexiest meal, this burger is loaded with aphrodisiac ingredients--and it's vegan but you won't miss the meat.
- 10 button or crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 cups Brazil nuts
- 1 green bell pepper halved, seeded and cored
- 1- in section of ginger peeled
- 1 cups quinoa
- 1 tsp Hot mustard powder
- 3 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 seeded hamburger bun
- your favorite burger fixings (if you're not concerned with keeping the burger vegetarian we recommend experimenting with oyster sauce--also aphrodisiac--for a unique taste treat.)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Dehydrate mushrooms in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Turn oven temperature up to 450 degrees.
- Using a food processor, grind the nuts until they begin to turn to nut butter.
- To the food processor, add the dehydrated mushrooms, bell pepper, ginger, quinoa, hot mustard powder, black pepper, cayenne and salt. Chop all the ingredients until they almost make a paste. Drain any excess water.
- Form 4 burger patties and transfer to a baking sheet
- Bake the burgers for 30 minutes.
- Serve as you would your favorite burger.
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter