Pumpkin spice is without question the flavor of the season but a pumpkin spice martini? Oh, yes! This pumpkin martini recipe, layered with the classic spices found in pumpkin pie, is a fantastic addition to any occasion that calls for cocktails. It’s an easy martini recipe blending pumpkin syrup with apple cider and vodka with a graham cracker crust. It’s like your favorite pie, only better.
How to make apple cider, pumpkin vodka martini
This is such a creative and interesting fall cocktail. Most drinks using apple cider blend it with a brown spirit like bourbon or whiskey. But this drink recipe opts for a more delicate approach with vodka. The ingredient that brings all the flavors together is the pumpkin spiced syrup.
Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients that make this pumpkin cider cocktail so unique:
- Whey protein vodka – This pumpkin apple cider drink recipe doesn’t call for just any vodka. This recipe was created for a specific vodka brand, Broken Shed from New Zealand. Broken Shed is distilled with whey protein. The resulting vodka is ultra-smooth, clean with just a faint, slightly fruity sweetness. It’s a good product, one worth trying if you like vodka. But if you can’t find it, (I found it on Drizly), just use your favorite vodka.
- Pumpkin Reàl – An ingredient I’d never worked with before but I now love, this flavored syrup is a blend of pumpkin puree with sugar, pumpkin spice blend and a touch of ginger. It makes an interesting replacement for simple syrups in seasonal cocktails and it’s an ingredient I’ll definitely experiment with using in other recipes, like shakes and baked goods.
- Apple cider – The last ingredient in this drink is the most straightforward! A staple of autumn, apple cider gives the drink body and an extra punch of spice.
For an unforgettable presentation and traditional pie flavor, add a graham cracker rim. To make it, you just finely crush the graham crackers, use a little cider to moisten the rim and dip the rim of the glass in the crumbs. This delicious detail gives the drink the flavor of a fantastic pumpkin and apple pie.
If you’re a fan of making martinis, you probably have everything you need for this pumpkin cider martini. To make the cocktail, you’ll shake it in a classic cocktail shaker. And, of course, you’ll need martini glasses for serving. Here’s a link to my favorite martini glasses.
This drink recipe is so easy and so much fun! You can use it for any occasion that calls for cocktails and be confident that everyone will fall in love with its whimsy and flavor.
Spiced pumpkin martinis will be the hit of a Halloween party or a sophisticated autumn brunch. And if you want to serve it as a pre-dinner drink on Thanksgiving, consider rimming the glasses in advance so you simply have to shake the cocktail and serve.
Why this is a date night martini recipe
Of course, the drink is positively layered with aphrodisiac ingredients. In fact, everything in this recipe, (with the exception of the graham crackers), is an aphrodisiac from the apples to the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and, of course, the vodka. So consider this drink for a romantic date night at home. It’s a great cocktail for a cozy autumn evening in front of the fire.
More great martini recipes for fall
Pumpkin Martini with a Graham Cracker Rim
- graham cracker crumbs for the rim optional
- 2 oz Broken Shed Vodka from New Zealand*
- 1½ oz apple cider
- 1 oz Reàl Pumpkin Puree Infused Syrup
For the graham cracker rim:
- Pour fine graham cracker crumbs into a saucer or other dish slightly wider than the rim of your glass.**
- Wet the rim of the glass with apple cider, using the edge of a clean sponge.
- Dip the rim of the glass into the graham cracker crumbs.
For the cocktail:
- Add all ingredients to the shaker with ice.
- Shake, strain and pour into the prepared martini glass.
A note on the provided nutrition informationThe nutrition information provided has been estimated by an online nutrition calculator and is not a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
- Oats Benefits for Male Sexual Health (Including Oatmeal) - February 14, 2024
- Best Inexpensive Valentine Champagne (Recommendations for Any Romantic Occasion) - February 13, 2024
- Date Night Scavenger Hunt with Aphrodisiac Foods - February 9, 2024
Did you know that eating the right foods can be the key to boost your sex life?
Subscribe to the Eat Something Sexy mailing list and get our exclusive list of Six Great Sex-Boosting Snack Foods for FREE!