We recently featured a crazy gadget for coffee and cocktail lovers called NitroBrew. (Click here to read our review.) This cutting edge toy for home cooks and mixologists adds texture to drinks with nitrogen. Now, NitroBrew was actually created for beer and coffee. But it really works best with cocktails, in my humble opinion. I guess the creators of NitroBrew agree, because they sent me this recipe for an Old Irish Blackballer cocktail to try!
Created by Jacob Tschetter, aka The Bearded Alchemist, this Old Irish Blackballer cocktail layers the bitter refreshment of cold brew with a shot of Whiskey, a touch of chicory liqueur and the sweetness of (aphrodisiac) maple syrup.
Now, of course, it requires that you invest in a NitroBrew of your own but maybe once you read the details, you will understand that your bar is naked without one.
This cocktail layers the flavors of cold brew and whiskey and uses a unique technique to achieve a creamy texture.
- 2 oz Teeling Small Batch Whiskey
- 3 oz Cold Brew or Iced Coffee
- 5 oz Bittermen’s New Orleans Chicory Liqueur
- .5 oz Maple Syrup
- Shake/strain all ingredients into NitroBrew kettle.
- Set the PSI on the Nitro Brew Compressor to 40 PSI.
- Close and secure the lid. Hold down the button on the kettle and press the nozzle into the charging station receiver firmly. Once it is charged (charger will automatically turn off), release the button and remove from the charging station receiver. Shake the kettle well in order for the contents to mix (about 5 seconds).
- Turn the dispenser upside-down and gently hold down kettle button to dispense the NitroBrew cocktail into a 10 oz glass.
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter