Chocolate? Bacon? This decadent bacon brownies recipe has every base covered whether your aphrodisiac preference is savory or sweet. But the best part just might be a dash of whiskey, which gives these brownies an undeniable richness and depth of flavor.
Usually, we try to keep our recommendations low in fat and high in libido-boosting nutrients but these bacon brownies are for the times when you just need to indulge!
Love chocolate? Love bacon? This decadent chocolate brownie recipe combines the two.
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp whiskey
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 400F. On a baking sheet, lay down bacon strips side by side. Render, or cook down, till crispy.
- When bacon is crispy, remove from oven /sheet tray and put on a paper-lined drying rack to drip off the remainder of the fat and cool enough to touch.
- Crumble the cooled bacon into a bowl and dust while sifting through all the flour. Mix bacon bits thoroughly in the flour to ensure that there are not any chunks of flour attached to the bacon and that there is only a thin layer.
- Turn oven down to 375F.
In a small bowl, soften butter in the microwave (unless it is already room temperature). When soft, whip lightly.
- In a large bowl, whip up the eggs and then, while mixing, incorporate eggs into the butter.
- Mix in 2 teaspoons of whiskey. Set batter aside.
- In a double boiler, heat water for a steam bath. When steaming, put the chocolate in a pan over the steam, stirring until chocolate is melted.
Add warm chocolate to egg mixture slowly, stirring constantly, to temper the eggs. (If you do this too quickly, or without stirring, you risk accidentally cooking the eggs.)
- Slowly add flour to chocolate mix while folding the chocolate over and keeping the air in the mixture with a large plastic spatula.
- Pour batter into a pre-greased, 8” x 8” pan. Place in oven and cook for approx 30 minutes. They're done when toothpick or knife comes out clean.
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter